Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40000 - £50000 per annum
Senior Electrical Desgin Engineer
Are you a passionate Electrical Design Engineer looking for an exciting new role?
Coulter Elite Resourcing are currently looking for an Electrical Design Engineer to work with one of their wellestablished and very successful clients based in Manchester to work as part of their growing team.
This is a truly thrilling time to be joining this growing and exciting company with a variant of different offices across the UK.
Principle Responsibilities for this position will include but not be limited to
* Work within a mechanical, electrical and public health (MEP) discipline team providing design and technical advice on projects lead by seniors or take a discipline lead role on smaller projects.
* Complete detailed designs.
* Carry out feasibility of the project specific to the discipline and contribute to the overall feasibility study for the project.
* Produce detailed and performance specification for the discipline subject to review by colleagues prior to issue.
* Produce detailed equipment schedules for issue with the discipline specific designs.
* Carry out detailed calculations appropriate to the discipline.
* Produce combined MEP Residual Risk drawings in accordance with the CDM regulations with input from other discipline as required.
* Promote sustainability and energy efficiency within their designs and discuss the appropriate systems to implement with the senior team members.
* Carry out condition surveys for the discipline for combining into to an overall report.
* Visit sites as required to determine the quality of the installation process allied to the discipline.
* Identify possible Professional Indemnity issues to the Project Manager.
* Demonstrate good attention to detail and show pride in the work produced.
* Understand the Part L regulations applicable to the discipline and how to demonstrate this through calculation.
* Have a working understanding of TAS of IES where it applies to the discipline.
* Understand working with RevitMEP or other 3D design software, including AutoCAD and Microsoft office suite of software.
* Must have excellent decisionmaking skills and the ability to deal with difficult situations head on
* A high level of IT skills, proficient in Microsoft office to include Microsoft Excel
* Be able to prioritise, plan and organise workloads whilst in a busy environment
* Good communication and inter personnel skills
* Team player
* A Qualification in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Building Services is essential.
* Professional membership (for example CIBSE or IET) is desirable.
* A working knowledge of AutoCAD 2D would also be essential.
This is a fulltime permanent Senior Electrical Design Engineer position, working hours are Monday Friday working 37.5 hours per week, offering an annual salary of 40 50 thousand per annum plus annual company benefits to include a 25 days holiday pension scheme and car allowance up to £4000
If this Senior Electrical Design Engineer position sounds like you, then please forward your CV to Harry Nolan at Coulter Elite Resourcing.
Coulter Elite Resourcing is an independent recruitment consultancy based in Peterborough, Milton Keynes and London supplying permanent, temporary and contract personnel, from office junior through to the highest levels of management both locally and nationally.
Posted 10 days ago