SQL Database Developer
£55000 - £60000 per annum
An SQL Database Developer is required for a dynamic Technology and software company working from modern offices based in Camberley.
In this SQL Database Developer role you will be responsible for:
- Designing, building, testing and deploying robust database solutions
- Assist in the design of the overall architecture of the application with a focus on the data models required
- Optimisation of the application for maximum speed and scalability with a focus on data access and storage
- Development of automated test suites for inclusion in CICD processes
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Create and enforce database development standards through regular peer code reviews and static code analysis tooling, reviewing the standards regularly
- Develop and maintain database stored procedures and schemas
- Identify and promote database management tooling to ensure high quality standards, consistency and performance
- Coach and guide developers in database development practices for performance, security and reliability
- Evaluate data storage options for new and existing 5Series application components, helping to choose the right option for the right job
- Building reusable automated testing tools for database artefacts that can be included in CICD processes
- Set up database instances, backups or recovery processes both onpremise and hosted in the public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP etc.)
- Document and communicate database schemas, using standard notations and tools
- Implementation of security and data protection for data atrest and intransit
- Creation of complex reports using 3rd party reporting tools such as SSRS and Crystal Reports
- Management and provisioning of hosting, testing and development environments and tooling
- Active contribution to advanced agile software development practices within and across development teams
- Diagnosis of, and remediation of customerreported issues
You will be an experienced SQL/BI developer with extensive experience of SSIS or SSRS. Be able to effectively manage your time, have strong business and data analysis skills and have the awareness and ability to learn the tools needed for management of hosting environment (in AWS, GCP, Azure etc.), including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes.
Our client is based in modern offices in Camberley with a friendly relaxed environment with core working hours of 10am 4pm and the flexibility of working from home one day a week.
Salary & Benefits
This SQL Database Developer role will pay £60,000 per annum. Benefits include onsite parking, flexible working, annual leave and company pension.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacynotice
Posted 27 days ago