£50000 - £52000 per annum
An excellent opportunity for a degree qualified Logistics Manager to join an internationally recognised brand.
In addition to developing and managing the logistics service providers the Logistics Manager plays a vital role within the Corporate Purchasing Department. You will be responsible for leading a strong internal team and ensure constructive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders of all levels.
- Leads, manages, develops and trains their Logistics Assistants and Logistics Administrators.
- Develops and maintains constructive working relationships with logistics service providers.
- Identifies, investigates and proposes cost saving opportunities within the supply chain and develops operational plans for implementation, while ensuring performance is monitored and recorded to aid in continuous improvement.
- Obtains and verifies transport rates from Logistics service providers to determine market rates for specific lanes.
- Reviews proposed logistics routes for operational viability and cost effectiveness.
- Conducts Logistics service provider audits in relation to movement of consignments, temperature and delivery window adherence.
- Checks domestic and international freight invoices against contract rates in preparation for authorisation.
- Carries out visits to suppliers, Logistics service providers and freight forwarders where necessary.
- Works closely with other Logistics Managers to ensure consistency, alignment and efficiency where areas overlap and to continuously improve service and costs.
- 2:1 Degree or above
- Supply Chain and Logistics industry qualifications
- Team Management
- Strong Communicator
- Cost Savings
- Budget Management
Posted 21 days ago