Stockport, Greater Manchester
Production Engineer permanent position
Competitive package Immediate start
With over a century of engineering excellence and innovation, WFEL is an established world leader in tactical military bridging. Our expertise includes 3D design, simulation, prototype manufacture and fullscale production of a range of state of the art, rapidlydeployable bridging systems used in military and disaster relief scenarios worldwide.
Our inhouse R&D function enables WFEL to provide additional bespoke, high integrity engineering solutions across the defence sector, including aeronautical and vehicular equipment. Maintaining a number of accredited Quality Systems, WFEL is a Prime Contractor to the US Department of Defense and the UK Ministry of Defence.
We are looking for an outstanding production engineer to help to drive proactive production, process and supplier engineering improvements for major production projects.The position reports to our Continuous Improvements Engineer Manager and is responsible for leading, developing and implementing quality improvement programmes across production. This is a critical role aimed at developing consistency of both product quality and delivery.
- Support and lead structured problem solving and process improvement activities.
- Provide design for manufacturing input at early stages in the new product development process, coordinating with and supporting the new product development team to implement new and revised designs and developing effective processes to ensure manufacturability of product while maintaining quality, safety and environmental standards and achieving cost targets.
- Support project management in cross functional activity required for project execution.
What we are looking for:A Strong technical skill set developed in complex engineering environments is a must, coupled with a successful track record of manufacturing excellence.
- Ideally be educated to a Bachelor level or equivalent, in an Engineering discipline, HND, or an Advanced/Higher Apprenticeship in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering
- Have experience in a similar role within an industrial or technical environment.
Please apply with a CV and provide details of your availability and salary expectations.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.
Posted 36 days ago