£22000 - £24000 per annum
GIS Technician Newham
Our Client, a large Highways Maintenance and Engineering company, are currently looking for a permanent GIS Technicianto join their busy team in their Newham, East London offices.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who has recently graduated with a relevant Geographical degree and is looking to join a growing and dynamic company.
If you are a recent Graduate in the field of Engineering, Environmental studies or Geography then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
In brief you will
- To perform highly accurate GIS asset inventory updates driven by tight specifications and timeframes, this will include site visits and manual updating of assets in Exor, with the majority of work carried out using MapInfo.
- Working closely with the programme team to plan the schemes workload of the GIS team to keep in line with contractual requirements.
- Bulk uploading and downloading of inventory data from Exor.
- Supply necessary reports out of the asset inventory.
- Ensure the smooth and seamless operation of the asset inventory management system and its interaction with other working systems.
A bit about you
Were after a Graduate in the field of GIS, Geography, Engineering or Environmental studies who has a keen interest in pursuing a career in Geographical Information Software. If youve had some exposure to the industry through undergraduate work experience then thats of great benefit!
Key skills we are after in this post holder:
- Excellent IT skills, especially MS Excel
- Experience with the GIS package MapInfo
- Beneficial to have worked with Exor software before, but not essential
- Adaptable and flexible to cope with a variety of responsibilities including a busy workload in highly pressurised situations
- Valid UK drivers licence
- Be able to commute to Newham, East London
If you are aGIS Technician who is wanting to undertake a permanent role which allows for growth and development, then this exciting position in Newham, East London might be just what youre looking for!
Paying up to £24k per annum for the right person, if it sounds like what youre after then we want to hear from you!
Apply with your CV today or give us a call at the office to discuss the role further.
Posted 20 days ago