Health & Safety Advisor
London, Greater London, England
£36k per year
Permanent (Full time)
A London-based Housing Association and Charity is recruiting for a Health & Safety Advisor to join their team. As a member of the H&S team, you will provide expert advisory and support services to the Board and Management in all aspects of property and workplace safety.With a portfolio spanning London, the South and the South West of England, the organisation provides accommodation and support services for homeless and other disadvantaged people, and as such, this role will require regular contact and interaction with their clients.
- Carry out health & safety audits and inspections of residential and commercial properties, including large hostels.
- Provide advice on Fire Safety and undertake simple Fire Risk Assessments.
- Regularly design, develop materials for and deliver health and safety training to staff and managers.
- Proactively develop systems and processes to allow the team to manage data effectively and to be readily able to identify problems and health and safety concerns.
- Maintain health and safety records and produce reports for monitoring and accountability purposes.
- NEBOSH Certificate, or an Environmental Health degree or qualification, or equivalent.
- An understanding of the health and safety issues and challenges which may arise in an organisation working with vulnerable people who may exhibit challenging behavior.
- Experience of delivering training sessions.
- Experience of carrying out high level health and safety tasks, for example risk assessments, inspections, monitoring and reporting.
- Flexible approach to travel.
Posted 100 days ago