London, Greater London, England
£23k - 25k per year
SALARY: £23k- £25k
BENEFITS: Company Pension, Great working environment, Career opportunities
HOURS: Full time, Permanent
LOCATION: London SE1 9SG
Our client, Dods Group Plc, is a leading business intelligence company, helping customers navigate the complex and ever-changing UK & EU policy and public sector environments.
The company's portfolio includes flagship media brands 'The House', 'The Parliament', 'The Civil Service World', as well as the widely recognised events and training programmes, including 'Civil Service Live', 'Westminster Briefings', 'TJ Awards' to mention a few.
The company is making substantial technology investments to support new business initiatives. Due to this investment the company is seeking to recruit a Developer . This role would particularly suit either candidates looking to gain early experience in the IT sector or to expand on their current experience.
Junior Developers, experienced architects or recent graduates in a computing related subject would be considered for this role - appropriate training and support will be provided, as required.
Objectives of this Role
- Supporting the IT Architecture Engineer.
- Providing technical leadership and support to software development teams.
- Designing functional technology solutions.
- Creating and maintaining website infrastructure based upon Drupal.
- Overseeing development and implementation of business critical applications.
- Ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Evaluate and select appropriate software or hardware and suggest integration methods.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Provide 2nd level support to helpdesks and colleagues.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Assist with solving technical problems when they arise.
- Ensure the implementation of agreed architecture and infrastructure.
- Address technical concerns, ideas and suggestions.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Development experience either in current or previous roles or with an active interest.
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science or a related subject.
- Strong Analytic skills.
- Some experience in coding and development.
- Experience in designing solutions.
- Some experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks.
- Some Cloud experience.
- Drupal experience is desirable for this role.
- Experience with monitoring systems.
- Solid scripting skills.
- Solid networking knowledge.
- Come to work every day in a fantastic office environment on the 11th floor of the Shard. Fantastic facilities, great views and all the things you need to succeed.
- The role offers a competitive salary and a great working environment.
- You'll be part of a growing business and contribute to it in all aspects of IT operations, gaining all-rounded expertise and extensive experience.
In order to apply please send a C.V and covering letter by clicking on the apply button below.
Keywords: Senior Software Engineer, Software Engineer, Software Development, System Design, C# .NET, Web Developer, Software Developer, Software Development, Software Developing, IT, IT and Internet, Coding, MySQL, MSSQL. Software Developer, Drupal, Developer, Junior Developer
Posted 26 days ago