Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England
Location: Bury St Edmunds, IP32 6NL
Hours of Work: 48 per week including Saturday's (Sunday rest day). Start time 01:00am
About the Company:
Due to the rapid growth of our clients business they are looking for an experienced Depot Supervisor to join their Depot based in Northern Way estate, Bury St Edmund. The successful candidate will commence as soon as possible and will complete a full induction programme.
The role involves leading a team of drivers in the delivery of an outstanding customer service which is cost effective and complies with legislation. The role requires early morning (1am) start times.
This is a demanding role which will include working 48 hours a week, 5 shifts out of 7 and will include weekend working, night shifts and early starts.
Depot Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Leading, motivating and managing a team of drivers.
- Monitoring teams KPI''s
- Building a customer orientated team focused environment.
- Checking and ensuring vehicle hygiene and effective deployment within the team.
- Ensuring team activities are with company policy and legislation.
- Making recommendations and improvements to the way the team operates.
- Deputising and supporting the Depot Manager
- Managing employee performance within the team
- Covering delivery routes as and when required.
Depot Supervisor Requirements:
- Proven successful experience of coaching and developing others
- The ability to work to tight deadlines, on your own initiative and within a team.
- A good working knowledge of Transport related legislation.
- Excellent communication, problem solving skills and customer focus
- 7.5t licence is essential
- Multi drop experience
Depot Supervisor Benefits:
Referee a friend Scheme
- Increasing annual holiday entitlement (with length of service)
- Enrolment into our workplace pension
- Free membership to our Health Cashback Plan
- Access to discounts and savings through our rewards portal
- Free onsite parking
- Discounted home order service
- Direct access to loans and savings plans with NLCU
- Death in service cover
- Loyalty sick pay
If you believe you are suitable for the Depot Supervisor, then please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Posted 5 days ago