Band 5 Registered Mental Health Nurse/Learning Disability Nurse
Up to £24.00 per hour
Sanctuary Health are currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 5 Registered Mental Health/Learning Disability Nurse to fill a fulltime role (Outside IR35) in an Adults Acute Ward based in Roehampton. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Mental Health Nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The pay rate for this Registered Mental Health Nurse job is £23 £26 per hour (LTD Company Equivalent) depending on shift. This is an initial 3month contract.
- Deliver prescribed care to a defined group within an agreed framework.
- Assess, plan and deliver, with the patient and their carer/family, nursing care which takes account of patient choice and wishes and acting as the patients named nurse.
- Accurately observe and engage with patients in order to assess their need and evaluate their progress.
- Monitor and review Nursing Care plans.
- Evaluate and respond to changes in patient condition and needs.
- Deal proactively and effectively with suggestions and complaints from patients and their families / carers.
- Contribute to a team approach to patient care in conjunction with all members of the MultiDisciplinary team.
- Participate in regular clinical and nonclinical meetings and attend other meetings as requested.
- Prioritise nursing duties and delegate appropriately and effectively within the shift coordination Framework, working as nurse in charge as required, ensuring as far as reasonable practicable a safe environment.
- Maintain a continued level of personal professional development in accordance to preceptorship and revalidation.
- Develops and maintains a good professional relationship with patients, colleagues and visitors responding promptly and courteously to requests, enquiries and suggestions.
- Helps to promote and to maintain an environment conducive to meeting the needs of the patient / relatives and carers.
- Participate in clinical supervision and reflective practice at least Monthly.
- Undertake the role of Preceptor to newly qualified staff.
- Work in accordance with safeguarding adult and children policies and requirements.
- Ensure the requirements of the Mental Health, Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Standards are met.
- Adhere to Medicines Management policies at all times.
- Adhere to Priory Group policies and protocols and adhere to NMC Code
Requirements of the Registered Mental Health Nurse:
- Degree or equivalent within Mental Health Nursing (RMN trained)
- NMC registration and a valid live pin
- Proven experience working within inpatient settings within the NHS.
This Registered Mental Health Nurse job is advertised by Deane Garrard; if you are interested in this position please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.
Posted 38 days ago