£16500 - £16640 per annum
We are looking for a competent, hardworking, enthusiastic person with the drive and ambition to provide a first class cleaning service within a school. All round cleaning experience is essential including the use of cleaning machinery. **PERSON SPECIFICATION** The personal competencies expected are: - MUST BE DBS CLEARED - The ability to communicate clearly and tactfully using appropriate methods and an awareness of the impact of your own communication on others; - Able to maintain positive relationships with all and able to work as an effective and flexible part of a team; willing to change methods of work and routines to benefit the team; - Willingness to accept responsibility for your own actions; the ability to prioritise effectively, meet deadlines and accept challenges. **The personal competencies expected are:** - Experience in working with wide range of cleaning machinery - Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery used in cleaning - Ability to walk, bend, push, pull and lift repetitively during working hours - Knowledge of cleaning chemicals, proper storage and disposal methods - Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as a team - Excellent organisational skills a must - Selfmotivation and the ability to identify and complete needed tasks without direct supervision **The qualifications and previous experience required for a Senior Cleaner are:** - MUST BE DBS CLEARED - A good level of literacy and numeracy; - Have previous extensive experience of cleaning routines and materials within a similar environment; - Knowledge of cleaning equipment and health and safety requirements. **GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES** The postholder will have access to and be responsible for confidential information and documentation. He/She must ensure confidential or sensitive material is handled appropriately and accurately. The postholder shall participate in the programme of Performance Management and Continuing Professional Development. **SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES** - Ensure all areas (communal areas, stairwells and corridors) are cleaned within the allocated times to high standard including; - Vacuuming, damp mopping, scrubbing and buffing (including carpet shampooing/deep cleaning during College holidays); - Cleaning/dusting all furniture, fixtures and fittings; - Cleaning internal glass; - Emptying bins and removing rubbish; taking to allocated point; - Check that your area is safe before leaving; - Adhere to all cleaning schedules and encourage others to do the same; - Attend regular Senior Cleaner meetings; - Ensure cleaning cupboards are kept tidy and well stocked; - Maintain cleanliness of cloths and mops; - Reporting any problems/damages via CISS; - Promote and monitor Health & Safety within your area; - Ensure all products are clearly labelled and used correctly. - Provide pre and daily service to external groups during school holidays **HOURS OF WORK** | Working Weeks
- | 52
- | | --- | --- | | Hours Per Week
- | Up to 37.5 hours per week
- | | Normal Working Pattern
- | Mon Fri: 0600 1400hrs
- | | Unpaid Breaks
- | 30 minutes unpaid lunch break, where an excess of 6 hours are worked per day.
- | | Holidays
- | Holidays in accordance with normal entitlement (see below) shall be taken at times mutually agreed with the Line Manager.
- | | Overtime
- | Additional hours may be worked by mutual agreement with the Line Manager, but additional hours will be paid at the Employees standard rate of pay. Saturdays will be worked at an enhanced rate (plus 50% of the standard hourly rate).
- | Salary Details: - £8.51 per hour; - Annual payment for the above hours is £16,640 per annum. Annual holiday entitlement for fulltime Employees (52 weeks/year) will be published public holidays and Trust concessionary days (total 88.5 hours), plus 155.5 hours annual leave, rising to 185.5 hours annual leave on 1st April following completion of five years service. Noncontractual benefit: Free refreshments and midday meals during termtime. The postholder will be entitled to join nominated pension scheme for support staff. **PREEMPLOYMENT CHECKS** All staff must be prepared to undergo a number of checks to confirm their suitability to work with children and young people. The Trust reserves the right to withdraw offers of employment where checks or references are deemed to be unsatisfactory. You must be DBS cleared We will endeavour to respond to your contact/application within 48 hours, but due to the volume of applications we receive on a daily basis, if you havent heard from us within 4 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful. This advert has been posted by a recruitment agency acting on behalf of a client.
Posted 28 days ago