Senior Communication Officer
£20 - £23 per hour
Senior Communication Officer
Akton Recruitment currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Communication Officer to join the team of a Local Authority in London.
Previous experience necessary. Although marketing experience is relevant to some extent this role requires reputation management experience, particular press office experience.
- To lead a small team of Communication Officers within the service, giving direction, challenge and support to them so that they are able to perform effectively, efficiently and consistently to high professional standards.
- To act as specialist/expert on all aspects of communications, ensuring that appropriate professional advice is given to Members, managers and employees.
- To deliver excellent customer service.
- To develop and maintain constructive and productive relationships with key customers (external and internal).
- To deploy staff to meet business requirements and to monitor and manage performance appropriately.
- To support and motivate staff through change.
- To ensure adherence to all HR policies and procedures.
- To ensure that corporate policies and processes are known and acted upon by all employees.
- To promote equality and inclusion across all service provision and in employment practices, through best practice, personal example and appropriate policy initiatives.
- To ensure that the Council is able to demonstrate compliance with its statutory obligations, including meeting health and safety legislation.
To exemplify through personal behaviour the Council’s values and appropriately challenge behaviour in others that does not reflect those values.
Role Specific Accountabilities
- To effectively anticipate, plan and manage the core communications requirements of the council services that you and your team will support in order to achieve objectives of the service and council and enhance the organisation’s reputation.
- To construct and execute multi channel communications campaigns for internal and public audiences to meet service and council objectives.
- To innovate and contribute to development of the council’s core communication channels and practices to enhance our service and our effectiveness.
- Through leadership of the team, maintain a highly effective service to the organisation, ensuring responsiveness, professional capability and capacity of the team.
- To evaluate the effectiveness of communications activity and campaigns.
- To develop and activate appropriate protocols, training, support and advice to ensure that all communications channels are effectively deployed.
Support the Head of Communication Channels and Campaigns in developing the service.
If you would like to apply for this position please send a CV or call######### and ask for Jordan for more details.
Posted 26 days ago