Hub Transport Planner - Central Park Dr | Zoek UK
Hub Transport Planner - Rugby
Central Park Dr, Rugby CV23 0WE, UK
Salary up to £33,00 & Benefits
Permanent (Full time)
As a business, Hermes is driven by our four values of Do the right thing, Dare to be different, Strive for more andBe Customer Obsessed. We run our business by these values and they are reflected in all of our roles.
Working out of our Flagship Rugby Hub, the role of our Hub**Transport Planner**is to produce daily transport plans for the hub transport execution teams to resource and operate against. You’ll be responsible for amending the transport plans through direct communication with our clients and hub transport teams.
About the Role:
Our Hub Transport Planner position is an important role in our planning and operations department. You will report in to the Hub Planning Manager, where you will become the link between our national clients and the Transport Execution Teams.
You will create plans in Paragon, based on data provided by our clients on their volumes so that Hermes can ensure appropriate Driver and Labour resource is available to meet business requirements. It will also be your responsibility to challenge our clients, appropriately, on their predicted volumes. You must be able to build and maintain strong working relationships with external stakeholders whilst ensuring that we do not over resource.
The work you do will be part of your teams overall transport plan, which can affect how many trucks and trailers we need, how many staff are needed at any one site. You must have the ability to be analytical, have an eye for detail and a questioning nature.
For our Central Transport Planner position, you need to be proactive in identifying changes in activity with our clients and our own network and to effectively adapt planning and assist in the review of Hub and Depot activities for changes and events, . by process, bank holidays, peak plans and product changes.???????
- Paragon experience essential
- Strong Analytical and excel capability
- Confident in challenging stakeholders and public relations
- Experience of using Paragon planning system for either routing or solution design Engineering
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and maintain clear focus upon priorities
- Create the Hub Transport plans
- Upload and amend plans into a TMS or Paragon
- Share the future transport plans with the planning team and hub transport
- Create the peak planning collection requirements
- Report on the telematics and performance adherence
- Confirm the trailer requirements at clients and hubs
- Run business reports when required
- Produce reports on clients and transport performance
Because we are a 24/7 operation, our Hub Planner role operates on a rotational shift system as follows:
Week One: 0600-1500
Week Two: 0800-1700
Week Three: 0800-1700
Week Four: 0800-1700
Week Five: 1500-0000
You will also cover 1 weekend in every 5 weeks
- 26 Days Holiday entitlement + Bank Holidays
- Opt in benefits
“To all recruitment agencies: Hermes does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Hermes employees or any other organisation location. Hermes is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.”