Residential Support Worker
£9 to £9 per hour
We have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated hard working individual with a caring nature to support young people aged 7 - 18 years.
The aims of the home are to promote a caring environment which provides children and young people with a high standard of specialised personal care, meeting individual needs and ensuring everyone is treated with respect and dignity and rights to privacy, independence and choice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring a firm, caring, consistent, well ordered environment is maintained at all times
- Participate in care planning, developing risk assessments, behaviour management and to attend regular team meetings
- Accompanying children and young people on recreational activities
- Liaising with other staff, professionals, parents and carers as necessary
- Undertaking any administrative tasks linked to the care of children and young people
- To maintain a log of all accidents, incidents or physical intervention
- To participate in case reviews where necessary
- Keeping up to date with the home’s policies and to follow them at all times
- To assist in developing strategies in behaviour management and to take a lead role in managing the young person’s challenging behaviour, implementing the strategies agreed
- Assisting with the medical and physical needs of children and young people
- Ensuring healthcare needs of the children and young people are met
- To participate in annual performance appraisals and undertake relevant staff development
- Providing cover in other areas as required
- NVQ Level 3 Children & Young People
- Experience of working within a residential environment
- Experience of working with young people that have social, emotional and/or behavioural difficulties
Closing date: ASAP Contact: Priya at Job paths 4 U
Job Paths 4 U is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business. We will collect and store personal information that you submit to us via this advertisement. For further information on how we use and protect the information that you provide, please visit our website.
Posted 18 days ago