Year 2 Teacher
North London, London
£27596 - £38963 per annum + Depending on experience
Are you a qualified teacher seeking a new opportunity at a great school in London for September? Brilliant primary school is seeking a Year 2 teacher to start in September. This could be your perfect opportunity to join a lovely three form school in North London and become an integral part of a strong teaching team.
- Modern, 3 form entry school; well resourced throughout with a large playing field
- Brilliant, longstanding Headteacher, with a very good senior leadership team
- The school is oversubscribed and has good support from parents/carers and plays an important role in the community
Year 2 Teacher
The school is seeking a Year 2 teacher, preferably with previous Year 2 experience.
Each year group has two lovely and experienced teachers and year groups plans together each week and share resources and ideas. The school places a great emphasis on teamwork.
You will take full responsibility for the class, including teamplanning, assessment, and marking. You will also be asked to hold parent consultation evenings and to complete end of year reports.
You will also have an experienced Teaching Assistant available to support you in the class.
Applications are welcomed from experienced teachers or newly qualified teachers(NQT), who have experience on placements with Year 2. The school has a good history of assisting NQTs with induction year.
To be considered for this role, you MUST meet the following criteria:
- Be a qualified teacher(with QTS or a NARIC approved qualification)
- Have a team focus and a cando attitude
- Be enthusiastic, motivated and have a warm, friendly approach to teaching
- Have a very good understanding of the UK curriculum
- Ideally have experience as a Year 2 teacher, especially SATS experience
- Good classroom presence, able to interact with pupils and excellent classroom management skills
If you meet all of the above criteria, please apply as soon as possible. The school welcomes visits from prospective candidates, followed up with a trial lesson and interview.
Not right for you but you know a teacher perfect for the job? If you refer a qualified teacher to us, who goes on to work for Athona, we will pay you a £250 referral fee as a thankyou. This is just one of the many staffing roles that we are currently helping schools with. Please get in touch to discuss other opportunities which may be of interest to you.
Please note: In accordance with the DfE statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education all candidates must have a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure to work in a school or nursery. If a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service is not held we will require you to complete a new DBS application.
Posted 24 days ago