Senior Food Technologist
£30000 - £33000 per annum
Our client is an established & award winning Food Production company who are seeking a Senior Development Technologist to join their team.
Reporting to the NPD Manager, this role will deputize as required and will assist in managing the project priorities for the team and ensure clear communication with all relevant stakeholders both internally and externally.
- To host NPD meetings with internal /external stakeholders as required
- To develop new products both proactively and in partnership with Customers
- To create and maintain excellent working relationships with our Customers
- Duties cover managing kitchen concept work, pilot plant trials and factory trials
- To coordinate and support the NPD process from concept to launch on assigned projects
- To ensure assigned projects are assessed to meet required Food Safety and Quality parameters
- To ensure required documentation is completed, transparent and provides due diligence
- To liaise with suppliers regarding new ingredients to ensure they meet the Customer and Company policies
- Artwork checking and approval ensuring legal requirements are met as required
- To provide support on ingredient / product / process issues on live products
- To aid on assigned Factory C.I. projects where required
- To be responsible for the Development kitchen, ensuring ingredients and consumables stocks are maintained effectively and good standards of tidiness and hygiene are always achieved.
- Food Science or Technology/Science degree
- Previous experience gained in product development
- Relevant development knowledge would most likely have been gained in one of the following areas: beverage ingredients, desserts or liquid processing manufacturing environment.
- Basic knowledge of retail systems, be confident and used to dealing directly with customers and experience in verification of legal product labelling.
- Long service award 5 years service and upwards
- Life insurance x 2 annual salary (once successfully completed probation period)
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Subsidised canteen
- Government Pension Scheme
- Enhanced company sick pay (after 12 months service)
We will endeavour to respond to your contact/application within 48 hours, but due to the volume of applications we receive on a daily basis, if you havent heard from us within 4 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
This advert has been posted by a recruitment agency acting on behalf of a client.
Posted 19 days ago