Software Engineer L2
Permanent (Full time)
SG Digital leads the online gaming and sports betting industry with cutting-edge software and technologies that put the player first. Our solutions are used by some of the world's most successful operators, including William Hill, Ladbrokes, Paddy Power, Betfair and SkyBet. Our world-leading OpenSports product portfolio processes over 70% of all UK & Gibraltar regulated bets, on a system that offers unparalleled levels of performance and scalability.
Our customer teams ensure that our global clients receive ongoing support and development to keep their sports betting solutions ahead rapidly evolving tech trends.
With offices in the UK, North America, Australia,Greece, and Romania, over 20 customers in the online gaming industry and over 100 partners worldwide, SG Digital provides the most open gaming platform and a product suite that ensures the very best and most flexible solution available. We are passionate about the work we do and have built a reputation on the high quality of our software, our delivery and client satisfaction.
About Scientific Games
Scientific Games Corporation (NASDAQ: SGMS) is a world leader in entertainment offering dynamic games, systems and services for casino, lottery, online gaming and sports betting. Scientific Games offers the gaming industry’s broadest and most integrated portfolio of game content, advanced systems, cutting-edge platforms and professional services. Committed to responsible gaming, Scientific Games delivers what customers and players value most: trusted security, engaging entertainment content, operating efficiencies and innovative technology. For more information, please visit scientificgames.com.
SG Digital is looking for a L2**Software**Engineer to join one of our teams as we continue to work on the next generation of online sports betting platforms.
As a L2 Software Engineer with the SG Digital Team, you’ll have exposure to these systems, as well as extensive training and mentoring as you take our solutions and your career to the next level. These are just some of the tasks you may work on as a Senior Software Engineer at SG Digital.
- Involvement with the Business Analysts to provide technical supportfor small, medium and large projects
- Develop new features and functionality for high transaction, large scale betting websites
- Participate in code reviews
- Design solutions that are modular, scalable and portable
- Work to improve overall system architecture and design components accordingly
- Answer business stakeholders' queries about the platform
- Investigate and develop performance improvements to the platform
- Develop new solutions to resolve ongoing issues with the platform
- Work with different partners to solve integration issues
- Assist the support team in investigating production issues
These are just some of the tasks you may work on as a L2 Software Engineer at SG Digital.
- Work as part of a self-organising Agile team to develop new features and functionality for large scale betting websites
- Produce robust, clear, polished code using practices like Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Extract and capture customer requirements using processes like BDD
- Developing solutions that are modular, scalable and portable
- Work to improve overall system architecture and design components to meet those goals
If you’re the right Software Engineer for us you’ll be able to demonstrate**:**
- Demonstrable coding talent in at least one major language (Java, J2EE, C, C++)
- Strong fundamental programming skills (data structures, algorithms)
- Database design experience (any vendor)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
It’d also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
Familiarity developing on Unix/Linux
Experience with LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) website design
Web development skills HTML, HTML5 and CSS
Knowledge of Agile, Scrum, BDD, TDD and/or CI
If you are the right candidate for us your will be able to demonstrate:
· A bachelor’s degree in a traditional science subject, ideally computer science, engineering, or information systems from a well-regarded university
· Proven experience in a similar position(s)
· Working knowledge of one or more major programming languages (such as Java, C/C++, Python, PHP etc.) and interest in learning other coding languages
· Knowledge of database design (any vendor)
· A “can do” attitude and out-of-the-box thinking
· Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
· Ability to learn and be productive with new technologies quickly
Nice to have
- Familiarity developing on Unix/Linux
- knowledge on CI or CD and the associated tools
- Test automation experience (unit test or other)
- Experience on Web technologies and internet protocols (Apache, SOAP, WS-*, ReST, XML, HTTP, TCP/IP, websockets)
Posted 94 days ago