Band 6 Deputy Manager - Adult Learning Disabilites
£34k - 43.8k per year + £10,500 bonus, £5K relocation, accomm
We are seeking a capable and experienced Band 6 Deputy Manager - Adult Learning Disabilites to support the Service Manager on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands .
- You will be based in a variety of settings including residential homes, supported living, short break service and the outreach team.
- You will be required to work a shift system that offers support 24 hours a day and are involved in all aspects of maintaining the area using the active support model.
- You will co-ordinate and lead a team within the service, and also develop and implement programmes of care and support.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the AfC banding system, but have applied their own salary scale. The current Band 6 salary is up to £42,715 plus an annual bonus of £1,120, higher penalty rates; 36% evening/Saturday and 72% Sunday/BH.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain's finest and best-kept beaches , an especially mild and sunny climate , and an offbeat, historic harbor town in St. Peter's Port, the island's capital.
This unique integrated health service delivers a diverse range of services including diagnosing and treating patients in the island's acute hospital complex, and supporting people with in the wider community. Providing an excellent Learning Disabilities Service, supported by modern equipment and reliant on Healthcare professionals recruited to a high standard.
Person requirements : Registered Nurse with full registration with the NMC, or Social Worker with HCPC registration. Post-graduate Learning Disabilites experience at senior Band 5 or Band 6-equivalent level. Completion of a recognised Teaching and Assessing/Mentorship qualification. To hold a driving licence and be prepared to drive service vehicles.
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
- A higher-than-UK salary.
- A £10,500 bonus scheme; £1,120 at completion of 1 & 3 years service and £4,120 at 2 & 4 years.
- A flat rate 20% income tax.
- No Council tax or VAT
- A relocation payment of £5,000*
- On-site Staff Accommodation or a generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
- A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low. *Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit www jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.
Posted 33 days ago