Area Sales Manager
Watford, Hertfordshire, England
£35,000 to £38,000 + company car, mobile phone and laptop...
Permanent (Full time)
Area Sales Manager - South East region
Are you an experienced and proactive field based sales professional with a proven track record of delivering results and exceeding targets within a proactive sales environment? If you'd like to be part of the continued success of a market leading business, then this is an opportunity not to be missed.
Calder Industrial Materials is a highly reputable manufacturing company with significant experience delivering high quality, tailored solutions for a wide range of customers worldwide. Calder is one of the UK's leading building materials suppliers, delivering lead sheet and a wide range of ancillary products to builders' merchants nationwide.
In addition, Calder are also the UK's leading specialist in lead engineering. The company designs, manufactures and installs radiation shielding and other products in the nuclear, medical and other markets.
What will the role of Area Sales Manager entail?
Reporting to the Commercial Director, as the Area Sales Manager for the South East region of the UK, you'll work closely with the wider Sales Team and other stakeholders to ensure continued improvement of customer service and develop value added business, with your responsibilities to include:
- Maintaining and developing relationships with key clients
- Identifying and developing sales and margin opportunities within the existing client base
- Proactively identifying and converting profitable new business opportunities for the company and its complete range of roofing products
- Liaising with internal and external customers to provide excellent customer service
- Maintaining awareness of competitor activity
- Implementing and supporting the company's goals
What will I need to be considered for this Area Sales Manager vacancy?
- Proven track record in delivering results and exceeding targets within a field-based business development / sales role gained in the building / construction / roofing sector
- Solid understanding of the merchant and end user relationship
- Full UK driving licence
- Ability to build and maintain excellent relationships
- Strong negotiation skills and commercial acumen
- Superb communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- High level of numeracy and literacy
What will I receive in return?
You'll be part of a growing market leading business where your results will be noticed and well rewarded.
You'll receive a salary between £35,000 to £38,000 , level dependent on experience, plus a range of additional benefits including:
- Company car
- Mobile phone and laptop
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme (following successful probation period)
Contract : Permanent, full time, Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm (flexibility will be required to meet customer needs)
Location : Field based covering the South East UK region (London, Home Counties, Sussex, Essex, Surrey, Kent, Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire, East Anglia, Cambridgeshire, Buckinghamshire and Bedfordshire)
All applications for this Area Sales Manager vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
Posted 119 days ago