£45,000 - £50,000 per annum DOE Plus Benefits
Permanent (Full time)
Transport Manager Dagenham, Essex
Providing exceptional mobile lifting services, our client is one of the UK’s leading independent mobile crane hire companies.
They are now looking for a Transport Manager to join their team and lead their transport department in terms of compliance and sales growth.
- Salary of £45,000 - £50,000 per annum DOE
- Monthly bonuses
- Company vehicle or car allowance
- Company laptop
- Company mobile phone
- Pension scheme
- Sick pay scheme
- Excellent progression opportunities
- 28 days’ holiday including Bank Holidays
Joining the South’s premier lifting company, you will discover an environment where customer service is the focus and opportunities to develop are always available.
With more than 100 staff across two sites and growth occurring across the business, this is a fantastic time to join and be part of this extraordinary company.
As the Transport Manager, you’ll lead the Transport Team and ensure full compliance with safety policies and procedures.
In this important role, you’ll take ownership of our client’s existing and growing fleet, including artic, rigid, lorry loaders and a variety of trailers including flat, lowbed, plant and drawbar.
Specifically, you will:
- Motivate and coach your team to perform to the best of their ability
- Maintain and grow transport revenue
- Ensure compliance with the company’s O licence undertakings
- Make sure that Drivers Hours laws are adhered to
- Manage relationships with external authorities
To be considered as the Transport Manager, you will need:
- At least three years’ experience in a transport manager position
- Strong people management and coaching skills, including staff reviews, appraisals, conduct and performance related issues
- A strong focus on health and safety
- At a minimum, a National CPC, ideally International
Experience with heavy transport and lorry loaders would be advantageous.
Other companies may call this role Logistics Manager, Transport Planning Manager, Transport Team Leader, Logistics Supervisor or Commercial Manager.
The closing date for applications is the 12th July 2019.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Transport Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 45 hours per week
Posted 133 days ago