Blackburn, Lancashire, England
Competitive Salary Plus Benefits
BMI Beardwood Hospital in Blackburn is part of BMI Healthcare which is the largest provider of private healthcare in the UK. Set on the outskirts of Blackburn, BMI The Beardwood Hospital is an 18 bed private hospital offering day and in-patient care along with a full range of out-patient services.
As a Medical Secretary within BMI Healthcare you will provide an efficient, professional and high quality service to all patients, Consultants and GP surgeries. With an average footfall through out-patients of up to 200 patients per day this is a very fast paced role and a quick and accurate turnaround of documentation in the department is essential.
We are currently looking for an experienced Medical Secretary to join our professional and friendly team. You will have an excellent knowledge of medical terminology and have previous medical audio typing experience. You will have a strong work ethic and will always be prepared to go the extra mile to deliver a quality service to both internal and external customers. You will have strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to multi-task to manage a busy and varied workload whilst remaining calm, pleasant and professional at all times.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Previous Medical Secretary experience is essential for this role
- Minimum RSA II typing
- Experienced audio typist
- Word processing skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Duties of this role include:
- Audio-typing of clinic letters (various specialities), dispatching said letters, dealing with telephone queries, investigations and correspondence
- Provide an efficient medical secretarial service with concise, accurate and timely presentation of all work
- Ensure that excellent standards of practice are maintained at all times in accordance with hospital and departmental operational policies
- Remain consistently courteous and helpful while maintaining confidentiality of patient information at all times
In addition to your salary you will also be rewarded with private healthcare, company pension scheme, free parking and 25 days annual leave in addition to the normal 8 UK Bank holidays.
If you would like an informal chat before applying for this role online please contact Nixiael Rung or Sue Clayton on######### and choose option 4. Alternatively complete our brief online application form and ensure you upload the most recent copy of your CV
Posted 34 days ago