£12.48 - £14.35 per hour
Our Corby based client is recruiting a Production Supervisor on a permanent basis. The main purpose of this role is to contribute to the smooth running of the production area as follows: Manage the production area, ensuring adherence to and completion of the agreed Production mixing Plan, Manage the delivery of manufacture and packing of all company bar line products in line with the Production plan, Manage the team of operatives designated ensuring they provide efficient effective work and comply with all areas of Company policy and procedures
You will be responsible for a team of Mixers, Operators, General Support, FLT Operators and Hygiene.
- To support the manufacture and packing operation of all company bar line and powder line products
- Maintain the areas designated by the Company by working in a safe manner and delivering a high level of general housekeeping/GMP.
- Ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner in line with all Company standards and procedures.
- Adherence to and completion of the agreed daily and weekly Production Plan.
- Ensure the Production Plan issued, is met by the required dates or inform the Production Manager if a shortfall is expected.
- Ensure all equipment and machinery used in both the Bar Line and Powder Lines are operating correctly and inform the relevant persons in the event of a problem.
- Sign on machine at the beginning of the shift and at batch changes ensuring that codes, best before dates, weights, packaging and presentation comply with specification sheet.
- Ensure all items of machinery and packaging is stored safely and logically within the production area.
- Ensure all products that are produced follow the relevant Operating and Safety Procedures, food safety and quality standards.
- Ensure all paperwork from both the bar line and powder lines are complete and correct before forwarding to the appropriate person.
- Ensure stock rotation and selection is performed in a timely fashion within the IFS system
- Ensure that the chocolate kettles and enrobers are set up and operate to correct specifications for product plans
- Sign off pallet tickets for Operators, checking that the quantity, codes and description are correct.
- Ensure that all information regarding the Bar Line is forwarded to the relevant persons in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure that all information regarding the Powder Line is forwarded to the relevant persons in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure the work area and other specified areas are maintained to the highest standards of hygiene as directed by any issued Cleaning or Hygiene Schedule and to confirm compliance.
- Ensure the hygiene of all machines is maintained and that the required level of cleanliness is achieved during product changeover before signing the Product Change over Sheet.
- Supply case and carton labels for the Bar Line and Powder Line ensuring that they bear the correct information.
- Ensure that all lines have a consistent flow of pallets, packaging and product to pack.
- Support the FLT operators by confirming product via hopper system to the powder packing machines.
- Ensure the consistent supply of ingredients to Bar Mixing and packaging and pallets to the Packing Line at all times.
- Ensure all excess packaging and pallets are checked and marked for return to Warehousing on a daily basis.
- Remove all unusable pallets and ensure that only the correct type and quality of pallet is used.
- Identify and provide training and support for new Operators and General Support.
- Liaise with the other Supervisors to ensure the smooth running of the daytoday operation of the Production Department.
- Maintain the highest level of personal hygiene, and report any illness which may affect the safety of colleagues or product, prior to commencing work.
- Inform the Production Manager of any avoidable wastage or errors in Production (of which there should be none).
- Inform the Production Manager of any breaches or issues with discipline.
- Performance manages the team ensuring that appraisals and relevant training/development activities are undertaken in a professional and timely manner.
The successful candidate will possess the following education/qualifications:
- Educated to a general GCSE standard as a minimum.
- Vocational qualification in people management are desirable
- A basic food hygiene qualification is desirable
- IOSH qualification or similar is desirable
You will also have the following experience:
- Full knowledge and extensive experience of a factory production line operation;
- Full knowledge of performance managing a multi skilled team of people in a food manufacturing environment;
- Some previous experience in a similar role with chocolate and bar line production and extrusion or a qualified choclatier.
- Experience of lean manufacturing techniques and delivering continuous improvements;
- Experience of mixing techniques;
You will also possess:
- Attention and an eye for detail ensuring that products meet specification.
- Ability to work in a structured and methodical manner
- Good level of IT skills, especially in Word and Excel;
- Strong Leadership with the ability to build strong working relationships;
- Full working knowledge of health & safety requirements i.e. accident reporting, risk assessments
Hours for this role are 14:3023:00 Mon to Thurs, and 12:0018:00 on a Friday. Rate of pay is £12.48 per hr plus shift allowance of 15%. If you feel this could be you, email your CV now for immediate consideration.
Posted 39 days ago