Material Cost Analyst
£22 - £28 per hour + LTD Company
Sitec has a requirement for a Material Cost Analyst for our client Perkins Engines, based in Peterborough.
This is a contract position for an initial 12 months, and the max rate of pay will be up to £28.00 p/hr but is DOE.
OVERVIEW OF THE PROJECT
The 400 series product range is entering a critical phase of growth and new market penetration.
In order to support these growth plans, we must reduce and control our product costs.
Product cost opportunities and challenges must be tracked, forecasted and managed in order to support our cost objectives and therefore enable our market growth plans. As a result of this need, our client have a vacancy for a material cost analyst within the 400 series product group with the following responsibilities:
* For each cost tracking BOM, track and report a future view of cost opportunities and risks this will involve liaising with internal buyers and cost team to detail, by part number how the costs change over time
* Work with internal buyers to understand cost opportunities or impact by part number, for each cost tracking BOM
* Use a standard and agreed methodology to track parts by status such as quote, CAF, cost model, gap analysis complete
* Track the status of negotiation once gap analysis is complete and feedback to team
* Track alternative approach to get the cost target
Required Skills and Experience:
* Attention to detail
* Working knowledge of MS Office
* Experience of database interrogation
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal for effective team work
* Dogmatic and resilient
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Purchase analyst experience
* Experience of material tracking in prototype or production environments
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.
Posted 45 days ago