Marbella, MÃ¡laga, Spain
Basebone is a digital content business focused on the mobile phone user.
We are the creators and owners of Baseplay streaming services, where users can enjoy a wide range of games, music and video content from their phone. The freemium model offers access to limited content for free or to subscribe for unlimited entertainment, without ads.
Baseplay is available on www.baseplay.co (http://www.baseplay.co/) and the Google Play Store.
The goal for the company is to be within the top 3 in each market we operate, by mastering the entirety of the value chain, from online advertising to mobile billing technologies.
Basebone have been running successfully for over a decade and we are proud to be the market leaders in South Africa and Kenya. We have 50+ talented staff with a global presence having offices in London, Marbella, Cape Town and Nicosia. For more information on our company please visit us at www.basebone.co (http://www.basebone.com/)m
About the Department...
Our Product team is highly committed to provide the most innovative and engaging sites to entertain our mobile users on a global scale. We are looking for an experienced Frontend Developer that, collaborating in this cross-functional and multicultural team, is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming.
Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
The Frontend developer we are looking for is someone technically expert, always at the forefront of mobile and web technologies and with a strong understanding of the whole web development process, so that will play a key role on making our web products extremely appealing and responsive to guarantee our mobile users the best experience ever.
Core responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Review designs created by UX/UI designers; ask any necessary clarifying questions before starting on work and ensure the technical feasibility of these designs
- Recommend appropriate technologies to implement new features.
- Write code to implement those visual elements into various web applications
- Optimize websites and applications to ensure fast loading speeds and scalability
- Ensure cross-browser and device compatibility of web development
- Collaborate with members of the product team (including designers and back-end developers) to consistently improve functionality and user-friendliness of the web applications
- Maintain websites and implement any necessary additions or enhancements
- Identify and troubleshoot various website issues and coding problems
- Maintain updated knowledge of the development industry and any advancements in technology
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years in a front end development role
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or a comparable discipline.
- Strong knowledge in most of the following: HTML5, CSS, SQL, AJAX, jQuery, PHP and web services
- Experience using Laravel or similar MVC framework
- Experience using frameworks such as Vue.js, React.js or Angular.js for building user interfaces (preference will be given to candidates who have significant working experience with VUE.JS)
- Experience with testing frameworks and frontend development tool
- Ability to interpret and implement web designs
- Understanding of the entire web development process, with an emphasis on front end design and development
- Solid understanding in cross-browser and multiplatform web development, mobile optimization and web-based application building.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing instructions and requirements
- Willingness to troubleshoot and solve complex problems
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Exceptional design sense, production value and attention to details
Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with designers, developers, and other team members.
We are continually adding and improving our benefits but here are some of the perks we offer:
- Life insurance
Complimentary catering and as much coffee as you can drink!
Basebone is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
By sending your CV, you give your explicit consent to BASEBONE for the treatment and storage of your personal data as required by the European Union General Data Protection Regulation
Posted 20 days ago