Here at Avant Homes, we are constantly striving to challenge the status quo in our relentless pursuit of good, better and different ways to standout as an employer of choice within the marketplace.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Land Director to join our North East Regional Land team in Sunderland. If you have proven experience leading planning and land acquisition teams within another housebuilder, this could be the ideal role for you.
Your New Role
Reporting to our Regional Director, the Land Director will be responsible for leading, developing, agreeing, implementing and delivering the region's land acquisition requirements. This will be done via the management, control and reporting of all land acquisition / procurement matters to ensure that we meet the region's business plan and future growth requirements.
What will you be responsible for?
Joining the Avant Homes team as our Land Director, you will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership to the land department to ensure the effective management, compliance, control and deployment of all available land and planning teams
- Leading the department to source and secure land effectively for the immediate, short and medium term via the development of agent contacts; planning leads, methods of formal and informal tender, and ‘off market' land procurement
- Overseeing the preparation and presentation of land offers
- Delivering planning approvals, managing third party providers and the interface with internal departments where appropriate.
- Ensuring the department is fully engaged in the process of determining, agreeing and delivering site start programmes and development programmes within agreed timescales.
- Ensuring that each of the roles within the department is undertaken in accordance with the relevant job description.
- Actively managing communications and operational interfaces with internal and external stakeholders to achieve the Regional business plan.
- In liaison with the Technical and Sales Directors, ensure that effective and relevant legal documentation is prepared for each development or phase of development.
- Authorising and committing expenditure up to the Group approval limit.
Our ideal Land Director
As our Land Director, you will hold a relevant qualification or extensive experience in land acquisition, procurement and management. You will bring with you an extensive network of proven contacts with a proven track record of delivery. You will also require:
- An extensive understanding of the legal and planning frameworks associated with land acquisition and development procurement.
- Extensive Technical and legal knowledge and Financial / Commercial awareness
- Broad awareness of codes of practice that impact on land acquisition and planning matters e.g. Planning Policy, Systems and Frameworks, both locally and regionally, land purchase and disposal legal models, structures and mechanisms
As our Land Director, you will be offered an industry leading competitive salary + company performance related bonus + Company car & fuel card or car allowance and a wide range of Director grade benefits.
Avant Homes is the fastest growing housebuilder in the UK. Operating in Scotland, the north east of England, Yorkshire, Central Derbyshire and the Midlands, we have five regional offices and employ over 700 people.
Our vision is to transform the UK housebuilding sector through the constant advancement and innovation of our brand and product, to provide buyers with increasingly better lifestyles, homes and places to live.
Apply today for the role of Land Director and be part of something extraordinary!
Avant Homes – Good.Better.Different
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
Posted 39 days ago