Redhill, Surrey, England
Location: Redhill, Surrey
Hours of Work: Full time, permanent role, Monday - Friday
About the Company:
Our client is a FTSE 250 house builder, headquartered in Newcastle upon Tyne, which operates 22 trading divisions across England, Scotland and Wales. The company has grown from a family firm, established more than 70 years ago, into a respected national brand, selling over ten thousand homes a year.
They recognise that people are the key to their success and our goal is to provide a rewarding and fulfilling career in line with their values of quality, service and trust. In addition to this they are committed to being a more inclusive employer and invite applications from a variety of backgrounds.
There is an exciting opportunity to join our client, one of the UK's largest house builders. Tjeir South London Division - located in Redhill is looking to recruit a Land Manager to join the Division's Land department.
Land Manager Responsibilities:
- Maintain a high profile with external property contacts by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with local authorities, local agents, land owners and other developers within West and South Outer London Boroughs, Surrey, West Sussex and East Sussex, in pursuit of opportunities for the company.
- Liaise between the Land and other internal departments, together with other Divisions and Group, to ensure opportunities are optimised and effective working relationships are developed to assist in the land acquisition process.
- Ensure that acquisition proposals are presented, in an objective and professional manner, with required input from other departments and in line with Group/Divisional procedures.
- In liaison with the Technical Department, responsible for appointment of external professionals and consultants in relation to site appraisal
- Responsible for all projects from initial site identification, appraisal and approval to the point of purchase and implementable planning consent being obtained, in line with budgets.
- Assist the Land Director in the review and finalisation of the Land Strategy, managing the land bid and land acquisition process. You will maintain and enhance a contacts network and support the Land Director with more complex land deals
Land Manager Requirements:
- Full UK Driving Licence (Essential)
- 3 to 5 years' experience of working as a Land Buyer/Manager managing complex land deals (Essential)
- Property Development and Planning Degree or Real Estate Degree (Desirable)
- Ability to demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of land acquisition and the appraisal process
- Proficient IT skills along with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and administrations skills
- Work effectively to deadlines and competently works on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
Land Manager Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- Company car or car allowance
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
If you think that you are suitable for this Land Manager role, please apply now!
Posted 34 days ago