Principal / Associate Infrastructure Design Engineer
£50000 - £60000 per annum
Permanent (Full time)
Im exclusively working with a multidisciplinary consultancy based in Peterborough looking to recruit a Principal or Associate Design Engineer to work on Drainage / Highways.
Their Peterborough team advises major private sector clients. The role of Principal Design Engineer involves managing the delivery of drainage and highway schemes. The role demands a proactive approach in a team environment, a high level of client care, and offers substantial opportunity for career progression within the company.
The candidate will be expected to be technically competent in dealing with various types of infrastructure projects and be able to manage people and projects. The candidate will be expected to proactively manage day to day client liaison and project requirements. The candidate would be expected to be able to identify business opportunities as well as assist in realising these whilst contributing towards the teams technical excellence and project delivery.
Whilst the role is primarily office based the candidate will be expected to travel to project meetings and site visits.
- Developing innovative drainage design solutions to serve and benefit clients.
- Developing innovative highway design solutions to serve and benefit clients (optional).
- Commercial and technical management of projects ensuring that projects are managed effectively within budgetary constraints.
- Identification of business opportunities.
- Preparation of fee proposals.
- Assist senior staff with respect to undertaking highway and drainage design.
- Training and mentoring of junior staff to develop their skills and knowledge.
- Liaising with highway authorities and statutory bodies on project related matters and at a level appropriate for the role.
- Liaison with the client project teams including attendance at design and project meetings.
Specific Education and Technical competences:
- Relevant degree and post qualification experience relating to S38, S278 and S104 agreements.
- Experience in the preparation of Flood Risk Assessment and Drainage Strategies.
- At, or working towards, Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status.
- Ability to prepare briefs and manage project costs and budgets.
- Working knowledge of design standards including DMRB and MfS.
- Understanding of design software including Civil 3D and MicroDrainage.
- Working knowledge of utilities provision, diversions and construction practices.
- Knowledge of the implications of works on the environment and knowledge of sustainable construction practices.
- Full understanding of the health and safety legislation covering the construction industry.
- Management and project management skills to supervise and deliver a programme of works.
- Working knowledge of contract procurement, specification, supervision and contract administration experience. (NEC Contract, MCHW).
- Exemplary communication and client care, including ability to write reports, make presentations and negotiate with all external parties including the public.
- Ability to manage and motivate junior staff. Ability to advise and discuss issues with senior staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and selfmotivation.
If you would like any more information on the role or to hear where this company can take your career, you can contact me on######### or #########
Posted 134 days ago