Teacher of English
£23720 - £39406 per annum
"The Headteacher has created a culture of high expectations. He has inspired all staff to bring about considerable improvements to key aspects of the school's performance since the previous inspection. School leaders and governors have taken effective action to raise standards in English, mathematics and science. As a result, pupils make good progress in these subjects"- Ofsted.
If you would like to be considered for this rare opportunity please se the details below for further information;
- Full time Teacher of English required for a 12 month maternity leave
- Commencing October 2019 or earlier
- Must hold QTS/equivalent alongside relevant degree level qualification within English
- Applications are welcome from both experienced and newly qualified teachers as relevant support will be provided for the successful post-holder
- Opportunity to work within an Ofsted graded 'Good' Secondary school
- Pay in line with MPS/UPS £23,720 - £39,406
The English department has been recently refurbished with open and intimate learning spaces, access to modern resources and technologies within state of the art facilities. You can expect to be joining a staff team of four practitioners and a Head of Department, alongside numerous Learning Support Assistants based within the English department.
Your responsibilities include but may not be limited to;
- Take on full responsibilities including planning, preparing and evaluation of class work.
- Deliver innovative English lessons in line with the English National Curriculum to promote an inclusive learning practice best suited to each individual leaner.
- Inspire excellent attainment, advising pupils and parents on progress and give clear guidance for improvement.
The school boasts just over 1100 pupils currently on roll, aged 11 - 16 and is located in the Ramsbottom region of Bury, this over subscribed Secondary School can easily be accessed via the M66 Motorway and the surrounding areas; Bolton , Rochdale and Preston. There are also various public transport options available with links across Great Manchester.
If you wish to be considered for this exceptional Teacher of English position please send an up to date CV and cover letter via the links provided below or contact the Manchester Secondary Branch for further information.
Posted 11 days ago