Medical Records Officer (Bank)
Stepney Green, Greater London, England
Temporary (Part time)
BMI Healthcare is the UK's largest provider of independent healthcare with a network of hospitals across the country. Our aim is to employ the best nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals in addition to outstanding non-clinical and support staff who underpin everything we do. Being part of the wider BMI Healthcare group offers the prospect for great career progression and development throughout the UK.
The BMI London Independent Hospital is a well-equipped hospital providing healthcare across at least 30 specialities. The hospital has a range of outpatient services, 3 operating theatres, critical care case beds (ITU Level 3), and leading imaging facilities. These facilities combined with the latest in technology and on-site support services; enable our consultants to undertake a wide range of investigations and operations.
We have an opportunity for a Medical Records Officer to join their team of staff in the Medical Records department.
This role will be working night shift only.
This is a bank role working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Must have Medical Records experience
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
- Good customer skills
Duties of this role include:
- It is the role of the Medical Records Officer to provide a comprehensive set of Medical notes to include both Inpatient and Outpatient activity for the complete patient journey, namely the Single Patient Record (SPR) within the agreed Hospital SLA. To store, file and track the records both in and out of the Department in line with local process. To provide upon request notes for Clinical Governance, Audits, Secretaries and Consultants, following the Information Security Policy. The Medical Records Officer is responsible for the handling of confidential information and should follow BMI guidelines at all times.
- Operate strictly within Data Protection Act legislation and BMI data protection policies
- Preparation of Medical Records for Outpatient Clinics, Pre Assessment clinics, Telephone Pre Assessments and Admissions within the agreed SLA and according to local process and acute attention to detail
- Adhere to the retention of records policy and ensure notes of eight years and over that meet the retention of records criteria are destroyed as per policy. Notes sent for storage to EDM to have record of destruction date according to retention of records policy.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a very competitive hourly rate. Benefits for bank staff also include Accrued Holiday Pay, Nest Pension Scheme, Discounted Gym Membership and many more exclusive discounts and incentives via our "Perks at Work" scheme - we also have free parking at most of our hospitals.
We are also committed to providing ongoing training and development to our staff via our dedicated in-house BMI Academy which offers one of the most comprehensive packages of training courses available in the private sector.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Posted 102 days ago