Project Engineer SAP - Aldershot | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Project Engineer SAP
Aldershot, Hampshire, England
£1 - £58804/annum
Permanent (Full time)
Project Engineer SAP
Reporting to: Lead Field Engineer
Location: Salisbury Plain & Aldershot
Department: Defence - UKPN Services
Reference Number: 60065
Employment Period : Permanent
Contract Type: Collective - Services PMSNF
CiP/Bonus Level: 3%
Salary Range: £58,804 (depending on experience)
Closing Date: 28th July 2021
All applications will be reviewed after the closing date.
We also provide the following additional benefits
* Annual leave 25 days
* Personal Pension Plan – Personal contribution rates of 4% or 5% (UK Power Networks will make a corresponding contribution of 8% or 10%)
* Tenancy Loan Deposit scheme
* Tax efficient benefits: cycle to work scheme
* Season ticket loan
* Occupational Health support
* Switched On – scheme providing discount on hundreds of retailers products.
* Supplier discounts, such as O2, EE, Vauxhall cars, Universal tyres
* Discounted access to sports and social clubs
* Employee Assistance Programme.
A vacancy currently exists for an experienced Operational Project Engineer to work with the Project Team in Aldershot and Salisbury Plain, to plan and deliver new connection work, diversions, fault location and repair in addition to future lifecycle maintenance and construction activities associated with electrical distribution equipment and infrastructure within the defence sector.
No direct reports or financial budget.
Ensure high standards of safety management throughout all areas of responsibility.
Responsibility for delivery of all construction, maintenance and fault works to time, cost and quality.
Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures and work to a high standard of quality.
Daily planning, co-ordination and real time responsibility for the efficient utilisation of resources.
Liaise with HV/LV control – submission of HV/LV switching schedules, complete HV/LV network operations in accordance to distribution safety rules and policies and procedures etc.
Support and provide technical support to field staff.
Produce Risk Assessments and Method Statements for the safe delivery of projects work as and when required.
Complete quality assurance checks of works completed and take action to rectify any quality issues identified.
Liaise with and manage relationships with our customers with the aim of meeting their expectations wherever possible.
To be prepared to assist other sections as and when required . organisational changes, system emergencies etc as determined by your skills, knowledge and experience.
Complete out of hours safety/emergency response (Standby) as and when required.
Management/Supervision of contractors, carrying out high & low voltage maintenance activities.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
* Senior Authorised Person as defined by the Distribution Safety Rules – Preferable 33kV.
* Experience in distribution systems through the range 400v to 33kV.
* Educated to a minimum HNC level qualification in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
* High Level of Customer Focus, adds value to the customer and ensures the team completes all projects to customer expectations.
* Team Working, manages and integrates well in a team and actively promotes good team work.
* Excellent analytical, organisation & planning skills.
* Applicants must be able to achieve full Ministry of Defence Security Clearance.
* Ability to identify problems, understand key issues and investigate alternatives.
* Hold full driving licence.
* The individual will be required to work with minimal supervision to manage and prioritise a varied work load, and be an effective problem solver with the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
* Ability to work as part of a small team committed to the successful delivery of a high profile project.
* Ability to use Microsoft Office suite, Outlook, MS Project and other bespoke software packages
* A good understanding of Health and Safety and Environmental Legislation, CDM standards and focussed on safe working.
* Initiative, acts in the interest of the company to develop the business to agreed objectives.
Measures of Success:
Success will be measured by the Project Engineer’s understanding and management in the following areas:
Adherence to internal and external safety systems and quality systems
Effective project management
Health & Safety Responsibilities
Managers and supervisors carry both legal and company responsibilities for ensuring the health and safety of their employees, those under their control and those who might be affected by the work undertaken, . public, visitors and employees of other organisations. This includes briefing individuals working for them and ensuring there is the necessary understanding, competence and application of requirements to work safely and without harming the environment.
Employees are responsible for ensuring they fully understand the health and safety risks involved in their work activities and their responsibility to apply the controls needed to manage those risks to acceptable levels. Similarly where work activities can have an adverse impact upon the environment, and particularly where there are legal requirements, employees are responsible for understanding those impacts and the controls they must ensure are applied.
Employees need to be aware that for some craft and operational roles that work at height, or use fall arrest devices, there is an upper weight limit of 116Kg due to maximum safe working load of the safety equipment that is used.
If in doubt ask!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace