Plant Manager/Operations Manager - East London | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Plant Manager/Operations Manager
East London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
Marasu’s was founded in 1986 with an eye to supply London’s top hotels, restaurants and clubs with premium chocolates and petits fours.
Marasu’s was acquired by Prestat Group Ltd in 2006 and produces chocolates and bakery products for clients such as Prestat, Fortnum & Mason, Pret a Manger and many more. It is London’s largest producer of premium chocolates with annual production of over 300 tonnes from its 25,000 sq foot facilities in Park Royal. Prestat Group was acquired by Domori in 2019 and are now a part of a larger group with a growing future.
Our factory in North West London comprises of a production department that consists of 6 production sections- cooking, enrobing, one-shot, dusting, bar wrapping & bakery, as well as a packing area and two warehouse units. You will be responsible for planning, overseeing the factory processes and managing employees (alongside department managers) in all these areas to create high end luxury chocolates and achieve company targets. We're looking for you to bring positive energy, enthusiasm and have a collaborative nature to ensure a great team dynamic and success. Marasu's is regulated against BRC standards and therefore it's important to ensure the procedures and policies are respected and upheld.
This is a vital role that offers full site responsibility across Production, Engineering, Technical, Supply Chain, Warehouse, Health & Safety and Forecasting with all stakeholders working together collaboratively.
The Plant Manager / Operations Manager will focus on strategically improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the production unit, working alongside the development of a broader organisational improvement programme, which is key to moving the business towards its future growth.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role are:
- Managing the full supply chain (Production, Packing, Purchasing & Warehouse) - working across business functions to plan and execute production activities.
- Responsible for planning production & packing and provide direction to the reporting departments to ensure that the production plan and customer requirements are fulfilled in line with capacity.
- Full responsibility for P&L factory budgets, performance improvements, cost reduction and costings per SKU, equipment effectiveness
- Implement and manage KPIs which are aligned both to the business strategy and the production targets.
- You will be the driving force for continuous improvement and operational efficiency on site through data-driven problem solving and encouraging improvement culture, liaising with Production Manager to build a KPI driven culture.
- Upholding the business requirements of production volumes, quality control, Health and Safety and profitability of the factory.
- Working with Purchasing & Warehouse manager to ensure inventory is accurately monitored.
- Engage all colleagues in a programme of lean manufacturing, identify methods and utilising tools and techniques to reduce waste and increase efficiencies.
- Creating and implementing a high performing, coherent team with strong succession plans for the future.
- Propose ideas on site improvement and be responsible for implementation.
- Overall responsibility for quality assurance & regulatory processes (BRC & HSE)
- Overseeing product development to ensure efficiency in manufacturing process.
- Implement regular weekly meetings with management team to discuss projects and updates.
- Manage equipment, ensure predictive maintenance, and aiding in identifying new investment areas to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the plant
We are looking for an experienced leader who has a proven track record in optimizing factory performance through embedding a positive lean culture on site, with a collaborative but challenging approach.
Experience in a factory management role within the food industry
- Experience of production planning
- Data and results driven
- Proven success managing site P&L
Some of the key qualities and attributes we are looking for are:
- Collaborative and transparent approach
- Proactive approach to problem solving and innovative nature
- The ideal candidate we’re looking for is someone that can work on their own initiative and be proactive about making positive change and have an eagerness to drive the business to perform at its best.
- Chocolate experience would be advantageous