Tax Senior - East London | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
East London, Greater London, England
55000.0000 - 75000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Avencia Consulting are recruiting on behalf of a global Insurance & Reinsurance firm, in The City, who are looking to hire a Tax Senior to join on a permanent basis.
Part of the global tax team, the team based in London works closely with our US tax colleagues and our global finance teams. Our team is responsible for planning and strategic support, tax compliance and tax accounting for the international business and its subsidiaries.
Duties and accountabilities
* Support US GAAP tax provisioning for the group, this will involve working closely with international colleagues
* Prepare local GAAP tax provisions and tax disclosures for the UK and other international entities within the group. This will include assistance in the external audit process
* Work closely with external consultants in tax compliance matters to ensure that all global tax returns are filed accurately and in a timely manner, thereby ensuring the business is in compliance and exposures and penalties are minimised
* Prepare and submit Lloyds tax filings in an accurate and timely manner
* Work closely with external consultants in the preparation of transfer pricing documentation
* Provide support in the preparation of the PAYE Settlement Agreement return.
* Manage other ad-hoc tax compliance requirements such as tax residency certificates, FATCA forms
* Support the Head of tax in providing tax advice to the business
* Proactively identify and support process improvements to ensure the tax team is continuously working to improve both the efficiency and effectiveness of tax accounting and compliance processes
* Maintain up to date knowledge of tax laws and accounting changes
Skills & experience
Skills, knowledge and experience
The successful candidate will need the following:
* To be ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent, with some post qualification experience
* Strong technical tax and tax accounting knowledge
* Tax experience in the financial services industry is desirable but not crucial
* Be a collaborative individual who works well with a coordinated global function
* Be a strong communicator with the ability to share complex ideas with others in a way that can be easily understood
* Must be well organized and self-motivated with a proven track record for delivery