BI Developer - West Midlands - This Area Only | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
West Midlands - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
About the opportunity...
We are currently recruiting a BI Developer to join our dynamic IT team based at our Customer Support Centre in Walsall. As a BI Developer, you will report to the Business Information Team Leader and work closely with the wider IT function and internal stakeholders. As a BI Developer, you will be responsible for providing data related solutions and expertise on a range of business as usual and project activities across the Poundland and Dealz businesses.
This role comes with the ability to study Level 3 Data Technician qualification, through an apprenticeship.
What you'll be doing...
As a BI Developer, your duties will consist of:
- Developing and maintaining the current reporting suite
- Utilising in-depth technical skills to propose and implement BI process improvements, efficiencies, and upgrades in conjunction with the rest of the BI team
- Evaluating the need for analytics, assessing the problems to be solved and what internal or external data sources to use or acquire. Communicating results using visualisation methods appropriate to the target audience
- Developing an understanding of business processes and data flows to contribute to the IT shared knowledge base and provide technical advice and guidance to both IT colleagues and the wider business
- Aid in the documentation and planning of agreed project work
What you'll need...
- Experience of SQL Server, Reporting Services & Integration Services
- Understanding of SQL Analysis Services – Tabular is desirable
- Knowledge of Power BI is desirable
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally
- To be confident with both internal and external stakeholder management
What we can offer...
- Competitive salary
- Potential to earn bonus
- Free on-site car park
- Onsite coffee lounge
- Long service awards
- Additional holiday purchase - (once a year window to apply)
- Life Assurance
Since opening its first store in Burton-upon-Trent in 1990, Poundland, has built a network of over 850 stores in the UK and the Republic of Ireland, offering top brands and great quality own brand products that provide customers with amazing value every day.
Poundland offers thousands of quality products in store with over 1,000 well-known brands in 17 shopping categories including food and drink, health and beauty, household, gardening, DIY, pet, stationery, books, DVDs and toys. It is on a journey from a single price to a simple price point retailer. While the majority of items in its stores are at its original £1 price point, it is extending ranges above and below £1 that also offer amazing value.
Now part of Pepco Group with over 2,500 stores across Europe, Poundland also trades internationally in the Republic of Ireland through its Dealz brand. Dealz has a growing store base in both Poland and Spain.
Within the UK, Poundland has also rolled out its fashion brand PEP&CO to approximately 300 of its larger stores. PEP&CO, launched in 2015 as a standalone brand, offers customers a full range of women’s, men’s and kids’ fashion and is now bringing new style to Poundland with simple low pricing on family fashion that’s hard to find on local high streets.
PEP&CO was also nominated in the 2019 Retail Week Awards as Private Label of The Year.