Class 1 HGV Driver - Edinburgh | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Class 1 HGV Driver
Permanent (Full time)
Kloeckner Metals UK Limited ('Kloeckner’) is the UK subsidiary of the German listed, market-leading, € turnover, 8,600 employee, global steel trading and distribution group based in Duisburg, Germany.
The UK business, headquartered in Leeds, operates out of 11 principal locations, employs circa 700 staff
We are looking for an experienced Class 1 HGV Driver to work from our site in Edinburgh.
Hours of work are 7am to 5:45pm Monday to Friday.
The Role is to:
- Carry out driving & related duties involved with the carriage of goods to & from Kloeckner client locations. Ensuring driving is carried out in a safe & efficient manner, in full compliance with road traffic regulations.
- To oversee the safe unloading of vehicles at customer premises, ensuring Proofs of Delivery are signed & returned without delay.
- To check the load security & weight distribution according to latest safe working practices before setting out & after each drop.
- As required, & appropriately trained, works mobile equipment to load &/or unload vehicles.
- Follows best practices for fuel efficient driving.
- Participates in Ten Commandments continuous improvement activities (TPM, 5S, etc).
- Actively takes responsibility for keeping vehicle clean & tidy.
- Is proactive in identifying potential health & safety hazards in the workplace.
- Ensures vehicles are in safe condition, with daily checks correctly completed before use, & are operated in a safe manner.
As required accurately updates documentation relating to the carriage of products.
- Full DCPC
- Used to working in a flexible, results oriented, team environment.
- Drivers are required to fulfil 35 hours of training for their DCPC
- Has worked in warehousing or distribution business.
- HGV driving skills (& licensed to the appropriate vehicle class).
- Able to read written instructions & record accurately work carried out.
- Understanding and experience of EHS requirements, in a warehouse or distribution environment.
The Company and Benefits:
Kloeckner Metals are the largest stockholder & distributor in its field in the UK and Ireland, and a key member of the larger parent group. We are also one of the leading service centre companies in the European and American markets combined.
We have invested over £15 million in processing equipment over the last few years putting us at the forefront of the metal processing industry.
As well as a competitive salary we also offer an attractive benefits package which include:
• Contributory Pension
• Long Service Awards
• Discount cards for shops and restaurants
• Childcare Vouchers
• Gym & Health Club discounts
• Holiday Trading
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Lease Cars by Salary Sacrifice
• Life Assurance