Assistant Accountant (6 Month FTC) - Edinburgh | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Assistant Accountant (6 Month FTC)
25000.0000 - 27000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Meraki Talent Ltd are delighted to be engaged on the role of Assistant Accountant (6-month FTC) for a boutique FinTech business based in Edinburgh.
The company offer a unique service to their niche client base and have seen great success over the last 10 years. They pride themselves on offering a bespoke to service to every client and have created a product with the flexibility to do so.
The role of Assistant Accountant will report into the current Finance Manager and will be covering a maternity leave. The successful candidate will be involved in a variety of facets of finance including accounts payable, accounts receivable, VAT, payroll, month end and preparation of financial statements. This individual will be required to hit the ground running with all of the above tasks but will collaborate with the Finance Assistant and Finance Manager on a daily basis.
The role of Assistant Accountant (6-month FTC) will offer a salary of £25,000 - £27,000 (pro rata) with additional benefits. The office is based in Edinburgh and is easily accessible via public transport.
. the team are currently working from home until further notice due to Covid-19.
You will be involved in but not limited to the following duties:
- Responsible for revenue, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and cash forecasting and enforcing credit policy.
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns.
- Contribute to the year-end financial statements and audit processes.
- Contribute to the drawing up of budgets during the yearly budget setting process and preparing variance analysis through the year.
- Prepare and process quarter and month-end.
- Ensure key accounting reconciliations are performed on a timely basis and in line with standard operating procedures with review or performing bank, credit card and cash reconciliations.
- Cash management across multiple accounts and currencies and processing creditor payment runs across multiple currencies.
- Woking closely with the Finance Manager and reviewing work completed by the Finance Assistant.
- Assist the Finance Manager in ad hoc assignments, including the preparation of statutory returns (FCA and ONS), and assisting with the collation and preparation of Management Information.
To be considered for this opportunity you must:
- Be immediately available or be able to start within 1-week notice.
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of a similar accountancy and finance role gained in a FinTech or Financial Services business(es)
- Be working towards a qualification (AAT/ACCA/CIMA etc.) - desirable
- Have experience of using Sage accounting software (ESSENTIAL)
- Have good MS Excel skills - pivots tables, vlookups, SUMIF etc.
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Jack Ramage for a private and confidential discussion.