Waking Nights Support Worker - Dean | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Waking Nights Support Worker
Dean, Devon, England
£9.20 - £9.50 PerHour
Permanent (Full time)
Waking Nights Support Worker South Brent, Devon Are you a compassionate individual looking for a role where you can make a real difference? Want to help a group of ladies to enjoy life to the fullest and maximise their independence? If so, read on.
Read all the information about this opportunity carefully, then use the application button below to send your CV and application.
About Us Working across Devon and Cornwall, Havencare Homes and Support Limited is a forward-thinking charity that provides social care services for people with learning disabilities and autism.
Offering supported living and residential care services, we use a range of approaches to empower individuals, help them to be as independent as possible and nurture their potential with dignity and respect.
We’re currently looking for Waking Nights Support Workers to join us and to assist 4 ladies with learning disabilities and complex needs, living in the friendly village of South Brent.
- Salary of £
- £ plus enhanced night-time pay
- Contributory pension scheme
- Comprehensive employee assistance programme
- Excellent training to ensure you have all the skills you require to succeed
- Ongoing training and career development opportunities
- Contracted hours to suit both the people we support and your circumstances
- Holiday accrued for hours worked (28 days pro rata equivalent) The Role As a Waking Nights Support Worker, you will work as part of a team to provide assistance to four ladies with learning disabilities and complex needs.
Delivering person-centred support, you will ensure that respect, dignity and choice are at the heart of the support you offer, and you enable the ladies to enjoy their home and local communication.
Support will include personal care, meal preparation, home support and leisure and social activities.
Additionally, you will:
- Work with support plans that are tailored to each individuals’ likes and dislikes
- Engage in meaningful activities in everyday life and access the community
- Promote independence and maintain life skills
- Motivate individuals to achieve their goals
- Build strong relationships whilst maintaining solid family connections.
About You To join us as a Waking Nights Support Worker, you will need:
- To be patient, friendly and understanding
- Good communication skills
- A positive and resilient attitude Being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement due to the personal care nature of the roles.
As such, only female applicants will be progressed.
Experience is desirable but not required as full training will be provided.
A full driving licence would also be an advantage.
Other organisations may call these roles Trainee Support Worker, Junior Support Worker, Support Hub Co-ordinator, Residential Care Worker, Social Care Worker, or Trainee Social Care Worker.
The closing date for these vacancies is the 9th May 2021.
Applications will be considered as they are received, so we encourage candidates to submit their applications as soon as possible.
Please note, these roles are conditional upon receiving an acceptable Enhanced DBS check, subscription to the DBS update services, eligibility to work in the UK and two satisfactory references.
Webrecruit and Havencare Homes and Support Limited are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Waking Nights Support Worker, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit.
The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.