Embedded - Greater Manchester - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Embedded Software Engineer
Greater Manchester - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
Embedded Software Engineer
Here at Innovative Technology, we have a fantastic opportunity for an Embedded Software Engineer to join us based in Oldham. In return we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Workplace Pension Scheme, with a 3% contribution from us
- Flexible working hours and conditional working from home available
- Paid breaks, with free fruit and hot premium drinks (subject to Covid restrictions)
- 24 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays, for great work-life balance, with the opportunity to earn extra days holiday
- Private Healthcare Scheme available for you (as benefit in kind), and the option to add family members
- Educational Sponsorship, Childcare Vouchers and Cycle to Work Scheme
- Informal dress code, free onsite modern gym (subject to Covid restrictions), free secure parking, staff car workshop and an active social calendar
The Continuous Improvement (CI) Team is a multi-discipline team of firmware, electronic and mechanical engineers dealing with all production released products. The Team proactively and reactively make improvements to those products based on customer needs, internally reported requirements and items identified from within the Team.
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to develop new features and improvements to ITL’s existing products.
Please note, only UK applicants will be considered for this role.
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Identify, implement and test embedded software updates on ITL’s existing product range to address issues and/or add functionality
- Identify hardware limitations and propose solutions
- Own several issues at any one time, manage them and communicate with internal departments as needed
- Collaborate with other development teams to ensure specifications are obtained, timescales are agreed, and requirements are achieved
Skills & Experience required to become one of our Embedded Software Engineers:
- Ability to read and understanding existing code
- Embedded C, bare metal
- High level languages for PC applications
- Working with ARM microcontrollers
- Knowledge of electronic hardware and ability to understand schematic diagrams
- RTOS, Linux are advantageous
Behaviours required to become one of our Embedded Software Engineers:
- Manage a workload of multiple tasks simultaneously
- Derive and perform appropriate testing to prove out all changes made
- Excellent communication with supporting departments
- Thorough information gathering to truly understand issues
- Take ownership of the tasks and define strategy to deliver
- Innovative problem solving an critical thinking
We’re in our 29th year here at Innovative Technology, where we have 10 offices on five continents and employ around 400 people, with almost 200 based from our state-of-the-art R&D hub and global head office in Oldham, Manchester.
From self-service checkouts to arcade machines, we provide our retail, banking, kiosk, vending, gaming and amusement customers with products and services that help them securely accept automated payments, with our industry-leading technology keeping us at the forefront of our sector.
By being true to our values of Innovation, Collaboration, Respect and Drive we’ve seen significant growth and won numerous domestic and international awards, whilst offering outstanding career opportunities and great benefits. You’ll find us on the edge of the Pennines and less than half an hour from central Manchester, with modern offices, free parking and excellent transport links.
If you think you have the skills and experience to become one of our Embedded Software Engineers then click apply now – we’d love to hear from you