Head of Care/Registered Manager - Oxford | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Head of Care/Registered Manager
Oxford, Oxfordshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Seven Social Care is looking for a qualified Head of Care/Registered Manager to fill an exclusive opportunity specialising in the wellbeing of children in Oxford
To be responsible for delivering high quality care and support to the children and young people resident within the home. Responsible for the day to day management of the home, promoting a student-centred caring environment throughout the academy, through high standards of professional practice, which are conducive to the physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual needs of the children and young people. To be the Registered Manager for the Home as specified in the Children's Homes Regulations 2015 and fulfil the obligations set out in the National Minimum Standards for Children's Homes 2002.
**This is a permanent role, however, a temporary contract can be offered if the candidate prefers**
1. To be registered with Ofsted as the Registered Manager of the Children's Home.
2. To promote the practice of working in partnership with young people, their families, other staff within the Academy, and other agencies, in order to meet the needs of the young people.
3. To manage all operational aspects of the home providing flexible arrangements for children and families in a creative and solution focused manner
4. To promote team development and effective team working.
5. In collaboration with the Site Manager, regularly inspect the condition of the structure, fabric, furnishings and fittings of the Home to ensure that all equipment, etc. is in good working order and of a reasonable and acceptable standard of repair.
6. To ensure effective administration and control of financial budgets and records to comply with the Academy's expectations and procedures.
7. To prepare for and attend annual review meetings, Social Services reviews, as appropriate.
8. To monitor arrangements for short breaks, holidays, recreational outings and social activities and to ensure the implementation of related risk assessments.
9. To promote and implement the Academy's Equality and Diversity policies and procedures.
10. To carry out the role of Designated Safeguarding Officer.
11. To ensure that staff understand and implement the Academy's safeguarding procedures.
12. To contribute to the assessment and admission of new students in liaison with senior colleagues.
Qualifications: NVQ Level 5 in Child Care/Social and Healthcare or Equivalent
Registered Managers Award or ability to achieve within 12 months
Experience: Demonstrable experience working at management level and leading a team of people in a residential setting
Evidence of recent experience working with children, young people and building positive relationships with families.
Practical experience of working with children/Young People who have ASC and learning disabilities and may present with behaviours that challenge
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.
Seven also run a referral scheme - if you know anyone looking for this type of work then please put them in touch, and we can pay you £250 once they are placed and have worked 100 hours