Maintenance - City of Edinburgh - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
City of Edinburgh - This Area Only
£31000 - £36000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
We are recruiting for an Artisan / Maintenance Engineer, based in Scotland to provide an efficient and effective brand Maintenance service to SSP units, within a given area, planning and delivering a high quality building fabric maintenance programme.
Carry out repair works as directed by the Maintenance Manager, Helpdesk and Unit Manager, making the best use of time, facilities and maintenance systems to provide the most efficient and effective service to the units;
* Plan your own labour time within your allocate schedule to ensure localised problems are prioritised and managed effectively
* Where necessary assist the helpdesk teams in identifying appropriate sources of equipment and parts to deliver a fast and quality service
* To ensure work orders are only taken via the Maintenance Helpdesk or the PDA’s
* Apply technical knowledge to evaluate, assess and identify solutions for specific maintenance problems referring only non-routine/key problems to your line manager
* Ensure compliance for all necessary Permit to Work Systems and safe systems of work
* Ensure that all work is carried out using best practice and with reference to the Health and Safety procedures of the site and to operate within the Risk Assessment process
* Demonstrate team working to ensure the complete maintenance service provided to the customer is high quality and delivered promptly where co-operation with others is required to complete the work
* Undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
* Cope with some heavy lifting and in accordance with risk assessment under Manual Handling Regulations (. of boiler equipment), working at heights and/or in confined spaces
* Understand and complete all work-related documentation accurately and on time
* Record appropriately any cost related to the purchase of equipment, materials for any single work
* Review and analyse maintenance faults to identify repeat issues and make recommendations for continuous improvement to ensure trade impact is minimised
* Manage the successful implementation of changes to routines/ways of working within your area
* Assist the Maintenance Manager and colleagues within the rest of the business to deliver added value to the unit managers through good communication about the detail of unit maintenance requirements
* Participate in good communication with the other team members, the management team, the customer’s staff, contractors and suppliers to maintain good working relationships
* To adopt an approach of continuous improvement and right first time ways of working to ensure the reduction of equipment/building fabric faults and customer service downtime
* Ensure timely reporting using the company processes and Agility system via your issued PDA to:
1. Record work attended and completed
2. Record the nature of the work done and the materials used
3. Notify your line manager of proposed holidays and absences
* Support and check the maintenance of the unit log books as part of the unit visits
The Skills / Knowledge:
* Good all round handyman skills in carpentry, plumbing, painting and decorating, electrical, brick laying and tiling
* Have an understanding of the maintenance requirements of Building Services assets associated within a multi-site retail and catering environment
* Prepared to attend training programmes to develop skills
* Flexible as travel to other regions is required with overnight stays
* Time management to ensure projects are completed on time
* NVQ Level 2 or City and Guilds in building maintenance, electrical, plumbing, carpentry & joinery or equivalent / relevant qualification
* Previous building / building maintenance experience
* Experience in dealing with blue chip brand work
Along with great career prospects at SSP, we are offering a competitive salary between £31k-£36k, discounts off a variety of retailers and service providers, up to 50% off our own brands up and down the country and much more.
With over 50 years’ experience in the travel market, we have a presence in 35 countries and more than 550 brands in our portfolio. We have the capability to deliver world-class food and beverage outlet programmes based on the highest levels of customer service, quality of food and environment.
We have an indepth understanding of our diverse customer base; our insights into food and beverage trends mean we have created an extensive range of brands and concepts that we can run in operationally demanding, high-volume travel locations.
If you are ready for the next step in your career, join us now