Materials Planner - Washington | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Washington, Sunderland, England
20000.0000 - 26000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Our client, a leading manufacturer is looking to recruit a Materials Planner to ensure that components and raw materials are available to meet business needs. This a permanent role.
The responsibilities include:
* Issue periodic supplier delivery schedules
* Re-schedule supplier orders to ensure target stock levels are achieved
* Issue Non Conformances reports to suppliers for delivery / packaging / paperwork failures
* Expediting of overdue supplier deliveries and overdue "Non Conformances"
* Co-ordinate and support cycle counting
* Reporting as required; . overdue supplier status, non -conformance data and supplier statistics etc
* All relevant data entry, including "Goods Received Notes" and "Reject Notes"
* Raise invoices for company supplied materials to suppliers
* Provide support and participate in periodic stock audits
The candidate is required to possess the following skills:
* Communicate accurately and effectively with all employees
* Participate and contribute in cost reduction activities
* Participate in problem solving and general improvements
* Be involved in logistics and material handling improvement activities
* Be involved in continuous improvement activities
* Any other duties required
* A minimum of 3 GCSE's grade C/4 or above is desirable.
Applicants should have good organisational and communication skills, both written and verbal, and have and understanding of our production constraints. Good computer skills in MS Office is essential.
They should also have the ability to work under their own initiative and be able to demonstrate a good academic background.