Occupational - Greater Manchester - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Occupational Health Practice Nurse (Immunisations)
Greater Manchester - This Area Only
£32000 - £36000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
Job Title: Occupational Health Practice Nurse (Immunisations)
Location: Peripatetic, covering Manchester/Liverpool/Preston areas
Salary: Up to £36,000 + excellent benefits package
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Optima Health is a UK market leader in Occupational Healthcare and wellbeing services. Our aim is to improve the health and wellbeing of the UK workforce by supporting healthy high performance in our client organisations, helping them to achieve their full potential through their people.
We deliver comprehensive services, including absence management, fitness for task assessments, health surveillance, vocational rehabilitation, and wellness programmes, as well as a full range of diagnostics and treatments.
We are a forward-thinking, rapidly growing organisation who are keen to invest in people and support them to ensure their long-term career progression. We are a company who are going places, and we want you to come with us!
Optima Health not only provide an excellent package, but we also offer a structured induction and training programme in your first few weeks, with touchpoints all the way through and support from your Clinical Line Manager. One of our core values is One Team, and growing and developing together is our key commitment. We offer tailored career development and opportunities for further training and qualifications, to support you in your career journey.
What Can We Offer You?
* Competitive salary
* 33 days annual leave, plus buy and sell holiday scheme
* Bonus paid following completion of 6-month probation
* Development incentive paid after 1 year which can be used for further training
* Extensive induction with ongoing mentoring and support from some of the top Occupational Health professionals in the industry, as part of our established training and development academy.
* Opportunities for further training, qualifications, and studying for an Occupational Health Degree/Diploma
* Fantastic pension scheme
* Eye care test vouchers
* Flu jabs
* Perkbox retail reward and discount scheme
* Car discount scheme
* Life assurance
We are looking for Occupational Health Practice Nurses to join the Optima Health team across the UK. This will be a varied role with a focus on delivering immunisations clinics for our clients but also involving pre-placement questionnaires, new staff onboarding, and providing health and wellbeing guidance.
In return, we offer an industry-leading training and development program to help you get where you want to go in Occupational Health. If you want to carry out additional training and qualifications, take on a leadership and management responsibility, or complete an Occupational Health diploma or degree, we can support you every step of the way!
In terms of progression, that’s up to you – whether you want to work through our training academy to become a qualified Occupational Health Advisor, move into an Advanced Nurse Practitioner or Prescriber role, or work with different contracts and clients.
So, where do you want your career in Occupational Health to take you?
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Delivering a range of Occupational Health services and clinics for our clients, with a focus on immunisations and vaccinations. Travel to customer sites in the local area will be required.
* Advise our clients on current immunisation services and recommendations for improvement.
* Conducting immunisation health assessments and surveillance, relating to potential exposure to health risks at work.
* Promoting employee health and wellbeing for our clients and across the wider business.
* Advising on potential biological agent exposure in the workplace, and the implications of relevant legislation.
* Giving health education on relevant issues, promoting a healthy lifestyle to all employees in order to maximise participation in activities at work and elsewhere.
* Providing a professional, objective and caring service delivery, and fostering an atmosphere of trust, enthusiasm and business awareness.
* Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team by sharing knowledge, supporting and challenging your peers.
* Maintaining registration and Continuous Professional Development by meeting or exceeding standards set by the NMC.
* Lead by example and be an inspirational role model for the Optima Health values – One Team, Take Responsibility, Deliver on our Promises, Professionalism and Excellence, Continually Learn and Develop
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
You will need to be a Registered General Nurse with previous experience of delivering immunisations and vaccinations. It would be a bonus if you had experience in Occupational Health, but this isn’t essential as we will give you full training of this. You will need to be a proactive, friendly and professional person who is confident managing their own workload. The role also involves travelling to clinics, so a full UK driving license is a must