Business Development Manager - Hatfield | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Business Development Manager
Hatfield, Doncaster, England
Permanent (Full time)
My client, a leading company based in Hatfield are currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager to join their team. The role will be a full time permanent position with a generous basic salary plus the opportunity to earn commission.
Based: Field based and Hatfield Office
The ideal candidate will have the ability to influence and build credibility within a very competitive marketplace. You will have the ability to work on your own initiative planning your day to maximise business opportunities and support the intermediaries as required. You must be able to demonstrate experience of managing full sales cycle from tender, presentation to mobilisation planning. We are an industry leading competitor and the company name will be known in the sector. However this does not take away from the fact that you will need to be proactive in your planning to ensure your business leads are maximised.
This role will suit someone who can deliver bottom line results through proactive planning, service and industry knowledge. You must be hungry to achieve & earn and have the ability to network for new clients whilst retaining and maximising existing ones.
A company car, fuel card, mobile phone and laptop will be provided.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Reporting to: Managing Director
Location: Field Based,
Hours of work: 40hrs per week- flexibility required to meet with business requirements
Overall Purpose: To have individual responsibility for new business within agreed regions from lead generation to actively prospecting, arranging appointments, negotiating and, closing, handing over new accounts to the appointed Account Management Team, ensuring that all activity is accurately documented.
· To develop strong relationships with existing clients and develop other opportunities across our range of services.
· To ensure that all sales opportunities are fully captured and explored.
· To develop new business relationships, generate and negotiate new income for us to an agreed annual target of £k invoiced revenue, to increase year on year
· To provide timely response and excellent level of service to all enquiries.
· To build relationships and network during event industry related seminars.
· A thorough understanding of clients marketing objectives including their Return On Investment (ROI) objectives, Responding to tenders and requests for information in a timely manner
· Keeping abreast of new business opportunities and related competitor intelligence.
· To actively seek out tender and RFP opportunities and to respond in a timely and organised manner.
· To attend meetings with us prospects and clients as required. This will include travelling within the agreed regions.
· To work closely with the managers and directors to ensure that each client receives a high level of customer service.
· To represent us at industry and business events and to represent the company and its products and services at all times in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
· Produce a full monthly Profit and Loss accountability across your portfolio
· To proactively manage time in accordance with company sales expectation
Key Performance Indicators
· Compile a weekly report submitted to Sales Director on actions/movements that will be discussed in person or via a conference call dependent on diaries
· Review existing clients contact database from previous business relationships.
· Arrange a minimum of 4 clients meetings in the 3 month period with contracts over £50k annual value, with an expressed view to tender and a contract profit margin as agreed should we have the opportunity to provide a submission
· Develop new business leads within the defined geographical areas.
· Liaise with Hatfield Office Administrator for all confirmed appointment dates via access to outlook calendar.
· Use the appropriate corporate documentation for any bid activity
· To develop a Sales Pipeline of 200 clients in the three month period
· Ensure all non confirmed business activity is reported accurately
· To review all cost models on new business opportunities with company MD and FD