Divisional Health, Safety and Environment Manager
Here at Avant Homes, we are constantly striving to challenge the status quo in our relentless pursuit of new, better and different ways to standout as an employer of choice within the marketplace.
Do you have proven experience of providing senior health and safety leadership? Do you possess a NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent? With our continued commitment to health and safety at the heart of everything we do, we are now recruiting for an experienced Divisional Health, Safety and Environment Manager to join our team.
This role will have an office base in Nottingham but will require travel throughout Midlands sites including Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Warwickshire and other group operating areas as the business requires.
Reporting in to the Group Health and Safety Director, the successful Divisional Health, Safety and Environment Manager will be responsible for monitoring, supporting and enforcing, the correct implementation of Group Health & Safety Policy across the Business. On a daily basis, this will involve:
- Assisting the Business with their pre-planning activities and working up of site specific Health & Safety Plans;
- Assisting the Business with initial subcontractor prequalification and then subsequent assessment and monitoring of site specific SSoW and associated RAMS;
- Providing Health & Safety assistance and advice to the Business with the objective being to meet build targets safely;
- Carrying out dynamic work place inspections, providing corrective advice & guidance
- Monitoring and reporting on our specialist subcontractor's Health and Safety compliance;
- Assisting the business with their own internal Health and Safety Management reviews;
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful as our Divisional Health, Safety and Environment Manager, you will need proven, significant experience of operating at a senior health and safety leadership level preferably within an organisation that utilises internal and subcontracted site operatives. You will also need:
- Formal qualification to a minimum of NEBOSH National General Certificate/Construction Certificate or equivalent;
- Experience of introducing policies, procedures, processes and systems effectively and establishing a positive health and safety culture in a complex, multi-site organisation;
- The self-motivation and energy required to work and effectively contribute to a dynamic Health & Safety Department;
- Excellent communication (written/verbal) and presentation skills;
- Excellent planning, project management, organisation and decision-making capabilities;
Our ideal candidate must have good knowledge and experience of House building/Construction with a particular emphasis on new build housing projects.
In return for your hard work, you will be offered a competitive salary of up to £53,000 DOE and a great range of benefits including:
- Company car or car allowance of £6,500
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme of up to 15%
- Pension – 2% employee and 4% employer contribution*
- Fuel card (business and personal mileage if the company car option is selected only)
- Single person private health care
- Childcare vouchers
- 4x annual salary life assurance
- Annual salary review based on business performance KPI's (subject to T&C's)
Avant Homes is the fastest growing housebuilder in the UK. Operating in Scotland, the north east of England, Yorkshire, Central Derbyshire and the Midlands, we have five regional offices and employ over 700 people.
Our vision is to transform the UK housebuilding sector through the constant advancement and innovation of our brand and product, to provide buyers with increasingly better lifestyles, homes and places to live.
Apply today for the role of Divisional Health, Safety and Environment Manager and be part of something extraordinary!
Avant Homes – Good.Better.Different
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
Posted 29 days ago