Business Development Manager - Sheffield - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Business Development Manager - Air Quality
Sheffield - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
Are you an experienced Business Development Manager? Do you work within the Air Quality market?
When you join SUEZ, you get more than a brand-new role. Your work will help us deliver innovative and environmentally responsible solutions for water and waste management.
This is a brand new and exciting position reporting to the Commercial Director. You will learn our products and develop and strengthen commercial opportunities within Water, Local Authority and the Industrial market. This role will be very autonomous and will not require you to be in a fixed location.
You will get a chance to help us preserve and restore our planet’s natural capital for future generations. It’s a career that’s not only exciting, but full of opportunities as well as professional and personal fulfilment.
About the Role
- As a Business Development Manager The role will be based at Severnside Energy Recovery Centre, although it is expected that they would spend time travelling to meet clients.
- The role will cover the UK in the first instance, although has the potential to extend beyond the UK in the future. Overnight stays will be necessary to fulfil this role effectively.
What will I be doing?
The objective for the Business Development Manager is to achieve the annual sales target and to help the business to evolve the service offerings in accordance with group strategy and to meet clients’ needs. Targets are set annually and performance against this target is reviewed over the financial year.
- Develop new business, new market sectors and new services
- Undertake knowledge exchange on UK Air Quality market and our current portfolio of solutions for Air Quality
- Develop a go-to-market strategy and sales plan in collaboration with the Global Air Quality Team
- Adapt our services to meet client needs
- Review, develop and deliver the Sales Strategy
- Provide commercial leadership for tenders and higher value proposals produced by colleagues
- Produce tenders, proposals and supporting customer discovery documentation
- Record and report sales data through Salesforce CRM and other agreed formats to the SASUK Commercial Director and sales team
- Feed market intelligence back to the SASUK Commercial Director, global managers and Marketing Team
- Identify synergies with the wider SUEZ group
What are the requirements?
- BSc in Environment, Science or Engineering (or equivalent)
- Proven sales background
- Consultancy or technical background in Air Quality or other environmental discipline
- Detailed knowledge of the UK Air Quality legislation, targets and initiatives
- Ability to balance a varied workload and prioritise key activities
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent planning, presentation and negotiation skills
Skills and Experience: Desirable
- Relevant post-graduate qualification(s)
- Professional membership(s) of appropriate technical, sales and/or marketing institutions
- Existing client network within the UK Air Quality sector
- Available to travel where necessary.
Who we are
At SUEZ the efficient and sustainable management of resources around the globe is at the heart of everything we do. Respect - acting ethically and with integrity - is one of our core values. We’re passionate about the environment and believe in protecting our world. Over 90,000 like minded people worldwide makes for an incredible team, where collaboration and trust are part of the way we work. With true team spirit, we can give our customers a standard of service that goes above and beyond and ensure that our local communities have access to essential water and waste services.
We thank our people for all they do with development opportunities, wide-ranging benefits and rewards that reflect their hard work. In a friendly, supportive environment, you’ll be inspired to grow and play your part in creating a better future for all.
*No agencies please*