Electrician/Mechanical Engineering Technician
Consett, County Durham
£28000 - £30000 per annum
My client based in Consett are looking for an Electrician/Mechanical Engineering Technician to join their team.
You will be a member of a small maintenance team for a company product possessing operation. This involves planned maintenance of facilities and assets. Covering process of company product and company product processing plant and equipment. As well as understanding engineering related (sops) standard operating procedures.
- To be a positive member of a small maintenance team.
- Assist production personnel in achieving optimum machine / equipment efficiency
- Comply with all site rules regarding Health & Safety, Standard operating procedures
- Strive to achieve personal and departmental KPIs
- Ensure machines are maintained in line with OEM recommendations. And Site PPM System, to enable maximum return on capital investment.
- To carry installation work as required.
- Work a 2 or 3 shift system based on the companys business needs.
- Carry out all works in an efficient and timely manner, liaise with Machine manufactures
- Complete relevant documentation as required by BS7671 and the organisation
- Assist in setting up and maintaining engineering stores, Including critical spares and stock levels.
- To ensure all work carried out meets the minimum standards set by the British Standards.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to carry out mechanical / electrical installations, repairs & maintenance as required
- Knowledge of PLC controlled systems
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to read and understand Electrical Drawings and Specification
- Ability to carry out inspection, testing and certification to BS 7671:2004
- Have knowledge and the ability to work of pneumatic systems repairs.
- Have mechanical knowledge and the ability to carry out mechanical .
Experience, Qualifications / Training
- Electrical Bias Engineers Must Be fully conversant and competent to carry out works in accordance with 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations/BS7671.
- Academic training to ONC in Electrical / Mechanical engineering disciplines is desirable
- Time served, qualified to City & Guilds 2361 part 1 & 2, or NVQ Level 3.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
Posted 18 days ago