HR Administrator - East London | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
East London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
Are you interested in languages, education and technology and want to work in one of the world's best EdTech startups? Then join us and be part of an ambitious and talented team that revolutionises how we learn languages.
Busuu is the company that makes learning a language easier for everyone and proves that learning a language doesn’t have to be done in a classroom.
Busuu has been successfully providing language learning solutions to consumers worldwide.
We’re having some brilliant results growing our client base for Busuu for Business which allows companies to offer our award-winning language courses to their employees and to track their progress on an interactive dashboard. Busuu has a strong offering for Manufacturing, Pharma as well as retail & hospitality with companies such as Inditex, adidas and Palladium Hotel Group among our clients.
If you are passionate about languages, want to work with smart, creative, energetic people and possess the initiative, confidence and good judgement to make independent decisions every day - then you are probably the perfect addition for our growing team.
What does an HR Administrator do at Busuu?
We are looking for an ambitious, team player to join our people team to assist in administering, coordinating and delivering an effective and efficient HR support service for Busuu.
HR Administration and support:
- Draft and send contract letters and terms (across London/Madrid and freelancers)
- Implement and manage performance related processes
- Process resignations and liaise with payroll accordingly
- Ensure accurate records of employee sickness, family leave and other absences are kept on the HRIS and liaise with payroll accordingly
- Conduct the required right to work and visa checks for new and existing employees
- Assist with exit interviews and return to work interviews (after illness) when required
- Support the team with learning, development and training initiatives
- Process any salary changes with payroll and support the salary benchmarking process
- Draw up paperwork for any contract changes or amendments
- Maintain and update the Company’s suite of HR policies, procedures, employee handbook, template letters and forms and all supporting documentation in liaison with HR & Payroll to ensure content is legally compliant, practicable and easy to access and use at all times
- Respond to enquiries and maintain communication between managers and HR and payroll
- Co-ordinate, draft and distribute communications including new HR policies and procedures
- Provision of support at Employee Relations and HR Meetings including minute taking and provision of procedural advice
Recruitment and induction
- Ensure the HR service complies with safer recruitment practices including pre- employment checks, requesting references and the right to work in the UK or Spain
- Administer the process for new employees including drafting of relevant offer and contract documentation
- Conduct new starter surveys to gain feedback on our recruitment/induction processes
- Administer the probation process in liaison with line management
Payroll and pensions
- Work with finance to provide monthly payroll data
- Respond to routine payroll and pension queries
- Support on providing payroll and pension information to staff to support their understanding of payroll and pensions
- CIPD Level 3
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Good working knowledge and understanding of HR practice in UK and Spain
- Broad understanding of HR policies and procedures. A sound knowledge of employment law would be beneficial
- Understanding of visa requirements and right to work checks for employees in UK and Spain
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Understanding of Data Protection principles and ability to handle sensitive, confidential information appropriately
- Proven ability to provide pastoral support
- A positive, motivated, can do attitude
At Busuu we want to ensure that you have access to some great benefits:
- We have an amazing office which is available for you to work from if you would like to do so, this is completely optional at the moment in the current environment. If you would like to be in the office we have put in place lots of important social distancing practices to ensure you are safe to meet with your colleagues in person
- The office is well-equipped with free breakfast, plenty of snacks, fresh fruit and free dinner of your choice if you need to stay late
- Social interaction is really important to us so we have lots of remote activities for you to join into such as team events, socials, online weekly quiz, etc
- Their is a personal training budget just for you, so you can learn more in your field, attend virtual conferences and events that you find interesting
- We have a subscription with Perkbox which has great additional benefits for you to choose from
- To keep you active and help your mindfulness we offer weekly virtual yoga sessions
- Busuu offers a great private health insurance scheme
- You can also join our company pension with contributions from Busuu
- We like to support our teams with their work life balance so we offer flexible working hours
- We offer enhanced maternity and paternity leave