Support Worker - Southwark | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Southwark, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
Recruiting for a Support Worker to join our Mental Health Service in Southwark!
GBP 22,568 working 40 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Gateway Mental Health is a 24 hours male only high support accommodation service. Gateway is home for 14 customers from Lambeth and Southwark.
Support workers are vital members of the team as they provide support to customers helping them to develop the life-skills they require to move on to less supported accommodations or even independent living.
Support workers will work with customers to promote social inclusion and alongside other members of the team to promote independent living, encouraging customers to maximise their skills and choices. Support Workers will have a caseload of customers, for which they are responsible.
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers and creating a positive atmosphere
- Conducting regular key work sessions that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals
- Create support plans for providing appropriate services based on on-going assessment and reflecting the services and resources available to enable customer to progress in their recovery
- Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks associated with customers within an attitude of 'positive risk taking'
- Provide support and access to relevant services to enable customers to continue their recovery and empower customers to self-manage their medication regimes through individual re-enablement programmes and informed decision making;
- Undertake support work in partnership with external stakeholders to compliment their interventions
- Developing productive relationships with partner organisations to improve service outcomes
- Demonstrate strong commitment to the functioning of the staff team and to support colleagues in providing a high level of service and safety to customers
- Involving customers in the design, development and delivery of the service
- Adhering to lone working protocols and maintaining high levels of awareness in relation to the health and safety of yourself and colleagues
- Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies and local protocols are adhered to at all times . fire risk assessments, fire alarm checks etc
- Being responsible for the handover of key information between shifts
- Adhering to all other Look Ahead's policies and procedures
- Engaging in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Undertaking any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as assigned by the Team Leader/ Manager
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Exudes a warm friendly presence and open behaviour
- Working well as part of a group or team as well as independently
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organized
- Able to apply the right balance of care and support dependant on the needs of the customer
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviour
- Ability to adhere to Look Ahead's professional boundaries policy
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- At least a year of previous experience working in a Mental Health sector
- Excellent organisational skills
- Emotional resilience
- Able to assess risk
- Computer literate
- Self reflection
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Candidates must demonstrate an understanding of the challenges facing people with mental health needs
- NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent
For the full job description, please visit the Look Ahead website