Commercial Loan Specialist - Ipswich | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Commercial Loan Specialist
Ipswich, Suffolk, England
Permanent (Full time)
To administer commercial loans and provide specialist knowledge across all loan portfolios serviced by the Commercial Servicing team, ensuring that service is provided in accordance with the levels specified in the SLA, procedures and current legislation.
Key Accountabilities and Main Responsibilities
- Understand the terms and conditions of a borrower’s loan(s) so that they may be clearly explained to, and met by, the borrower.
- Receive and resolve loan enquiries from borrowers and their advisors.
- Liaise professionally with third parties
- Identify and accurately report on issues/risks, proactively and in a timely and professional manner, making recommendations to client as necessary and expressing balanced technical opinions.
- Identify, recommend and implement enhancements to processes and procedures.
- Provide training and guidance to other team members as necessary.
- Use systems to accurately record information relating to borrowers and their loans.
- Review commercial mortgage/loan documents and identify any risks.
- Review borrower financial accounts and identify any issues.
- Assess legal documentation including leases, security documents, variations to terms and conditions, and release documents.
- Produce well-considered recommendations to credit committee and clients.
- Review current rent schedules, analyse the tenant’s accounts, forecast any break options and consider all areas of risk to the lender.
- Monitor adherence to financial covenants and ongoing loan conditions.
- Manage loans in their approach to expiry, identifying potential risks and escalating to watch list as appropriate.
- Guidance is available at all times from the Commercial Servicing Manager and experienced Commercial Specialists.
Experience & Personal Attributes
- Knowledge of commercial mortgage lending and specialist finance in the UK.
- Knowledge and understanding of standard commercial mortgage loan documentation.
- A proactive approach to risk and a commercial outlook
- A good understanding of the UK property and lending markets.
- Ability to analyse Company accounts and identify any financial problems and consequent risks to the client.
- Ability to understand and review commercial leases.
- Ability to analyse tenancy schedules.
- Familiarity with legal documentation, including Land Registry and planning documents.
- Extremely numerate with the ability to verify interest and redemption calculations and calculate loan covenants.
- High degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as an effective team member – be cooperative, supportive and deliver what you promise.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- High standard of written and verbal communication.
- Ability to organise workload to meet deadlines and organisational requirements.
- Ability and willingness to see task through to completion.
- Customer focused – identify effective solutions for borrower, internal client and external client.
- A working knowledge of the applicable regulations/codes governing the financial services industry.
- Competent using Word, Excel and Outlook.
- CeMap Qualification
- Cert BB&C or equivalent Qualification