Maintenance Engineer - Days Only
Bodmin, Cornwall, England
£36k per year
Techsearch , a division of Staffline , are currently recruiting an experienced Maintenance Engineer to join a well known, popular food manufacturer based in Bodmin / Cornwall.
We are proud to recruit for the market leader in meat production, a huge multi-site food manufacturer with £1 Billion turnover, 7000 Employees & 17 factories in the UK!
Location: Bodmin / Cornwall
Shift: Days Only - 4ON4OFF - 6:00am - 18:00pm
Job Type: Permanent
Your role responsibilities:
- Attend breakdowns, minimise machinery downtime and assist with attaining operational performance targets.
- Maintain machinery in the highest order to ensure availability of plant to the operations team at all times.
- Be aware of the shift production plan and prioritise to work around it.
- Diagnose defects, effect repairs and evaluate results (test before hand back).
- Identify and order correct spare parts from different sources and communicate this information to all other team members.
- Promptly attend breakdowns with the correct tools, within 2 minutes of the call out.
- Monitor and carry out dynamic performance tests of new and current machinery on a continuing basis.
- Read and access information in order to keep up-to-date with current technology advancements and implement best practice.
- Undertake L8 work, along with boiler controls and cooling towers.
- Understand system drawings and machinery manuals (electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic).
- Adhere to all health and safety guidance and approved codes of practice.
- Liaise with contractors to assess the quality and performance of their work in order to ensure that correct standards are maintained across the site.
- Keep records up-to-date in accordance with good engineering practice and carry out effective handovers.
- Communicate with other departments to influence and educate in order to draw attention to current status or impending problems and to develop a spirit of cooperation across all departments.
- Monitor and recycle materials in order to reduce costs.
Requirements for the Role:
- Formal engineering qualification, at least to NVQ Level 3 standard.
- Food Hygiene Level 2.
- IOSH Health and Safety
Posted 13 days ago