Bookkeeper/Accounts Clerk - Darlington - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Bookkeeper/Accounts Clerk (Practice)
Darlington - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
An excellent opportunity has arisen at a reputable and established accountancy practice in Darlington, who are now looking to add an experienced Bookkeeper/Accounts Clerk to the team.
The workload will be varied with the successful person’s role involving bookkeeping, preparing and submitting VAT returns, the preparation of financial accounts and tax returns.
As a Bookkeeper/Accounts Clerk you will have experience of working within practice as dealing with multiple clients is essential. You will have experience of undertaking bookkeeping work in the use of Sage 50 Accounts and Iris Accountancy Suite for accounts and tax return production (IRIS not essential).
The successful candidate will be AAT qualified, or with substantial practice experience, will possess excellent communication and IT skills and should have the ability to build client relationships. They should also prioritise attention to detail and have a "can do" attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of accounts for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies
- Preparation of tax returns from client records
- Undertaking client bookkeeping work
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Providing accounting advice and support to clients
- AAT qualified or with substantial practice experience
- Experience of working in a practice environment is essential
- Proficient knowledge of Sage 50 Accounts, Microsoft Office
- Experience of IRIS Accountancy Suite would be beneficial