Recruitment Coordinator - Exeter | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Exeter, Devon, England
Permanent (Full time)
Location: Exeter/Plymouth/Avonmouth (potential for hybrid working)
Hours: Part-Time Monday-Friday (25 hours per week)
Basic Salary up to £15,500 (dependent on experience)
plus bonus & company benefits
Sector: Packaging Distribution
We, the UK’s largest packaging distributor have an exciting part-time opportunity for someone to join our business and support with in-house recruitment & training. We are seeking to complement our Human Resources team with the appointment of someone to support our Recruitment Manager. Due to the nature of this role, whilst it will initially be based in Exeter, we are able to offer a hybrid working approach and as such can be flexible longer-term with location of work being from Plymouth or Avonmouth combined with remote working. We are a committed equal opportunities employer that champions 'dignity in the workplace’. Our focus is to provide customers with fully integrated and innovative packaging solutions, augmented by outstanding customer service.
The Recruitment Coordinator Role
Based initially in Exeter this permanent part-time role shall report to the Recruitment Manager and support across all national recruitment, resourcing & training related activity within the wider business. Tasks & responsibilities will incorporate both a range of administrative support and direct liaison/interaction with internal colleagues & external providers nationwide. You will utilise your administrative & stakeholder management skills working within a fast-paced head office function and welcome getting 'hands on’ with the orchestration of in-house recruitment & training activities. As mentioned, whilst the role shall be Exeter based at first, for the right applicant and as the role evolves, we can consider flexibility around a hybrid working approach longer-term although proximity to either our Plymouth or Avonmouth site is important. There is also scope to potentially discuss some flexibility around working hours, although our preference would be 10am-3pm daily.
Recruitment Coordinator Key Duties
- Handling requests to recruit from our various locations UK wide, understanding the brief, placing job-adverts online & filtering applications to present suitable CVs for review
- Pro-actively searching via database and social media platforms to identify suitable applicants and reaching out to them to promote our job opportunities
- Supporting hiring managers with the full recruitment process from resourcing & initial shortlisting, through to arranging interviews, conducting telephone/zoom pre-screening interviews and confirming offers of employment to candidates
- Updating a range of key documents accurately & ensuring internal procedures are always followed correctly
- Track & log approvals for requisitions, ensuring correct use of all internal documents
- Helping to signpost & promote appropriate training options to managers & employees
- Liaising with internal colleagues & external training organisations to book delegates on to appropriate training courses & workshops (internal & external)
- Administering, issuing & chasing/expediting online training & interactive modules
- Support with coordination of apprenticeship levy training & student placements
- Gather and add information to central databases, training portals & online systems
- Assist in creating & circulating internal communications & updates as required
Do you have the correct profile?
We welcome your application if you are keen to take on a busy part-time 'in house’ recruitment role that will also provide some exposure to training coordination. You will like the idea of being part of the wider HR function for a large corporate business. You will ideally have some previous recruitment experience be it via an agency or previous HR/inhouse capacity. Likewise, previous experience of using an applicant-tracking-system (ATS), job-boards and social media would be preferable. Coupled with this you will have strong computer literacy (MS Outlook & MS Word/Excel), effective communication/interpersonal skills, underpinned by strong attention to detail and a confident telephone manner. You will also be keen to learn new procedures and be able to show initiative. Once again, you must be happy to be based at our Exeter site initially but also have your own transport enabling you to work in part from either our Plymouth or Avonmouth site combined potentially with remote working.
We provide a competitive basic starting salary and operate a range of rewarding bonus/incentive schemes. Our flexible employee benefits can include:-
25 days annual leave (rising to 27 days with service) plus all public/bank holidays
Contributory pension scheme
Free parking at many of our site locations
Range of company cars or cash allowance (including electric) for qualifying roles
Employee assistance program to support & advise with well-being & any issues
Extensive range of training/development & potential progression opportunities
Employee discount scheme (discounts on several major retail/leisure brands)
Simply Health/Dental Cover option or BUPA cover for qualifying roles
Tax free childcare (TFC) scheme
Enhanced maternity & paternity pay
Long service awards (5-40 years)
Charitable giving options
Financial support with eye-tests/purchasing glasses (DSE users only)
O2 Mobile discount scheme (up to 25% off)
Candidate referral scheme (awards £750 for referring successful applicants to Macfarlane job vacancies)
Macfarlane Group is also dedicated to maximizing every employee’s potential, by providing career development plans and pathways in an environment that fosters personal growth and continuous improvement.
This is an urgent appointment whereby we will be working to identify and review the very best of applicants swiftly in the hope of selecting our favoured candidate to commence